The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've honestly had enough of this school.

In form today I had people calling me the 'social elite' for going to Cambridge, and others saying that I only want to study Japanese because I 'want to marry a Japanese man' and 'will only be able to work in Yo Sushi'. I'm not sure if they were joking or not, but it wasn't funny, I worked damn hard for this offer and am working so hard to meet it 😭 why are people so damn ignorant?!
Original post by Steliata

In form today I had people calling me the 'social elite' for going to Cambridge, and others saying that I only want to study Japanese because I 'want to marry a Japanese man' and 'will only be able to work in Yo Sushi'. I'm not sure if they were joking or not, but it wasn't funny, I worked damn hard for this offer and am working so hard to meet it 😭 why are people so damn ignorant?!

People are cruel sometimes... just know that you will be more sucessful then they are and they are most likely just jealous of your accomplishments in their own way!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2542

h8rs gon h8

Damn that's mean :frown: you've worked damn hard and you continue to do so! Don't let the haters get you down pal :redface:

That's so mean! Just ignore them, you're so much better than that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
People are cruel sometimes... just know that you will be more sucessful then they are and they are most likely just jealous of your accomplishments in their own way!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by alow
h8rs gon h8

Original post by SteamboatMickey
Damn that's mean :frown: you've worked damn hard and you continue to do so! Don't let the haters get you down pal :redface:

Original post by rayofsunshine98
That's so mean! Just ignore them, you're so much better than that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks everyone, just got to keep swimming I guess, only two more weeks until I never have to see any of them ever again! 🎉🎉🎉

I feel you, my friends who got rejected would constantly joke that they would re-apply to my college saying "even you got in".

Just ignore them and keep doing you! 🌈😊
Thanks everyone, just got to keep swimming I guess, only two more weeks until I never have to see any of them ever again! 🎉🎉🎉

I am going to be cliche and say #FightOn :smile:
Original post by poopiepie
I feel you, my friends who got rejected would constantly joke that they would re-apply to my college saying "even you got in".

Just ignore them and keep doing you! 🌈😊

Classic salty people :lol: Some friends who got rejected pre-interview didn't even joke about it, they just talked about stuff like that behind my back. "How did he get an interview and I didn't? his grades are crap... must have applied to a horrible subject etc..." one guy even told me, "the fact that you got rejected makes me more happy about my rejection now because you getting the interview was a surprise in the first place"

People will be cruel sometimes :redface: but we all have to #FightOn and be true to ourselves and be kind to others :smile:
Classic salty people :lol: Some friends who got rejected pre-interview didn't even joke about it, they just talked about stuff like that behind my back. "How did he get an interview and I didn't? his grades are crap... must have applied to a horrible subject etc..." one guy even told me, "the fact that you got rejected makes me more happy about my rejection now because you getting the interview was a surprise in the first place"

People will be cruel sometimes :redface: but we all have to #FightOn and be true to ourselves and be kind to others :smile:

Ugh that's terrible! 😤

#FightOn wooo ✌🏻🌈
Original post by poopiepie
Ugh that's terrible! 😤

#FightOn wooo ✌🏻🌈

:lol: also judged my choice of university after I firmed so :lol: will be glad to put everything in the past and look forward towards the future!

Quite ironically, the USC (University of Southern California) motto has become a universal hashtag :lol: but #FightOn is pretty cool even if USC Trojans are not that great :tongue:

Wow, where do you find such terrible people? I don't believe I've personally known anyone to be this openly bitter before..
Original post by Infested
Wow, where do you find such terrible people? I don't believe I've personally known anyone to be this openly bitter before..

The guy who said it to my face is a person who has been a friend for quite a long time so I don't think he had any qualms about telling me what he thinks. He's generally a bitter person, blaming his teachers for him not getting better-predicted scores that destroyed his chances for getting an interview. (to be fair, he probably should have gotten a higher predicted score but our school was conservative this year so yeah)

Hope you are well :smile:
The guy who said it to my face is a person who has been a friend for quite a long time so I don't think he had any qualms about telling me what he thinks. He's generally a bitter person, blaming his teachers for him not getting better-predicted scores that destroyed his chances for getting an interview. (to be fair, he probably should have gotten a higher predicted score but our school was conservative this year so yeah)

Hope you are well :smile:

Ah, I had the impression he was just some guy who sought you out specifically to tell you how happy he was about your rejection, seeing he was a friend I should imagine it was more of an honest matter-of-fact statement about how it makes him feel better that someone else ended up in the same position as him...

I've been well, finished with army early this year and went on a long trip to Korea and Taiwan (I believe you know about the latter) and am now rotting away as an office temp worker... I'm getting a glimpse into the adult working life and so far I'm not looking forward to it haha... Your exams end on the 15th I believe? Shame you've got to stress over that one more weekend just to get that Psych paper done with :P
Ah, I had the impression he was just some guy who sought you out specifically to tell you how happy he was about your rejection, seeing he was a friend I should imagine it was more of an honest matter-of-fact statement about how it makes him feel better that someone else ended up in the same position as him...

I've been well, finished with army early this year and went on a long trip to Korea and Taiwan (I believe you know about the latter) and am now rotting away as an office temp worker... I'm getting a glimpse into the adult working life and so far I'm not looking forward to it haha... Your exams end on the 15th I believe? Shame you've got to stress over that one more weekend just to get that Psych paper done with :P

The idea is never work a day in your life...literally... :wink:

Yeah, he is a friend. It probably was, but tbh he's more pissed off that I decided to not firm UCL :lol:

Hope you had a great time here and in Korea :smile: hahaha I had a glimpse into it last summer during an internship and honestly not looking forward to it either! My exams end on the 12th actually, I finished psychology last year (our school does SL in one year).
Original post by NeverLucky

Not much choice haha, spent much of my savings on aforementioned long trip...
Original post by NeverLucky

aren't you working as a bar or club in like a beach resort area during the summer... literally the definition of work hard and party hard at the same time :lol:
aren't you working as a bar or club in like a beach resort area during the summer... literally the definition of work hard and party hard at the same time :lol:

I meant the future. I'm not gonna get a job when I graduate. Gonna write a couple of books and travel the world living off passive income.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Yeah, he is a friend. It probably was, but tbh he's more pissed off that I decided to not firm UCL :lol:

Hope you had a great time here and in Korea :smile: hahaha I had a glimpse into it last summer during an internship and honestly not looking forward to it either! My exams end on the 12th actually, I finished psychology last year (our school does SL in one year).

Ah, even though I most probably would have stayed in a local university if I didn't get in, my second UK choice would have been either St Andrews or LSE but I think the idea of London doesn't really appeal to me haha... Your exams are ending very soon it seems, the feeling I got when finishing IB was like no other. Keep going at it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending