The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NeverLucky
I meant the future. I'm not gonna get a job when I graduate. Gonna write a couple of books and travel the world living off passive income.

Spoiler

That's not really something everyone can achieve I'd reckon, what's your plan to get to that stage of passive income? :s-smilie:
I meant the future. I'm not gonna get a job when I graduate. Gonna write a couple of books and travel the world living off passive income.

Spoiler

Hahaha that's a good goal I guess (definitely special :lol:)

Original post by Infested
Ah, even though I most probably would have stayed in a local university if I didn't get in, my second UK choice would have been either St Andrews or LSE but I think the idea of London doesn't really appeal to me haha... Your exams are ending very soon it seems, the feeling I got when finishing IB was like no other. Keep going at it :smile:

Funnily enough, I firmed St Andrews and the exact reason is London does not appeal to me (my sister is going to UCL though so my parents are kinda miffed I didn't choose the same uni)

Yeah they are, then it's graduation which I am definitely looking forward to it! :smile: thank you!
Original post by Infested
That's not really something everyone can achieve I'd reckon, what's your plan to get to that stage of passive income? :s-smilie:

I figured something like £2000 a month is enough as long as you're mobile. I think my parents are giving me one of our properties when I graduate so I can rent that out as a baseline and get the rest via a combination of e-books, travel vlogging/blogging, selling merchandise and maybe try developing an app or two.
I figured something like £2000 a month is enough as long as you're mobile. I think my parents are giving me one of our properties when I graduate so I can rent that out as a baseline and get the rest via a combination of e-books, travel vlogging/blogging, selling merchandise and maybe try developing an app or two.

Ah that sounds like fun, sadly for me my family only has the one property and it looks like we're going to be staying there for the foreseeable future :tongue:
Managed to take a whole day off to recharge today and I still feel exhausted 😭😭 never mind, only another couple of weeks.

How high do people reckon for an A* on the new a level courses this year??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2565
Original post by rayofsunshine98
How high do people reckon for an A* on the new a level courses this year??

1 million.
Original post by Doonesbury
1 million.

Diane Abbott confirmed?
Reply 2567
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Diane Abbott confirmed?

Ah damn, you're right. It's about treefiddy.

Edit: you know she went to Cambridge...? Not for maths tho...
Ah damn, you're right. It's about treefiddy.

Edit: you know she went to Cambridge...? Not for maths tho...

"Not for maths tho" :lol:
Reply 2569
Original post by SteamboatMickey
"Not for maths tho" :lol:

History :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:redface: Oops

Also whole day off revision for me today :biggrin: I feel guilty having Friday evening and Sunday off though oops
(edited 6 years ago)
1 million.

😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did have a whole day off revision today. I was gonna do 2 hours after dinner but I never did. Now I just feel guilty... :frown: Especially because I know people who did revise today so ahh
I did have a whole day off revision today. I was gonna do 2 hours after dinner but I never did. Now I just feel guilty... :frown: Especially because I know people who did revise today so ahh

I've probably managed no more than an hour all weekend, which sucks because I'm behind on homework, but I feel so much better for not doing so, like I'm actually not about to scream at you if you look at me the wrong way any more.

On another point, is anyone else suddenly dreading leaving school? We don't have tutor time any more after May half term (we have 3 weeks left until then) and most of my friends do different subjects for me so i won't see them as much when we are all revising and doing exams, and then we have the summer, and then we are going to be scattered across the country (actually a lot of my friends are going to Brighton/Sussex or Southampton uni so will be able to meet up often and then there's me on my own in either Cambridge or Nottingham) so we won't see each other as much. And then there are teachers, some of which I've had since year 10, who are almost more like friends (like its still a professional relationship but it's closer than most student teacher relationships), I think because the classes at my sixth form are so small... And I don't know if I can say goodbye 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
On another point, is anyone else suddenly dreading leaving school? We don't have tutor time any more after May half term (we have 3 weeks left until then) and most of my friends do different subjects for me so i won't see them as much when we are all revising and doing exams, and then we have the summer, and then we are going to be scattered across the country (actually a lot of my friends are going to Brighton/Sussex or Southampton uni so will be able to meet up often and then there's me on my own in either Cambridge or Nottingham) so we won't see each other as much. And then there are teachers, some of which I've had since year 10, who are almost more like friends (like its still a professional relationship but it's closer than most student teacher relationships), I think because the classes at my sixth form are so small... And I don't know if I can say goodbye 😭😭

It's a really strange feeling and can be quite tough really. My school was a pretty small community (it had about 500 pupils) and it was quite hard to say goodbye and let go. You'll settle in though when the new year begins, you'll meet new people and you're unlikely to be clamouring for the school environment once you do settle at uni.
It's a really strange feeling and can be quite tough really. My school was a pretty small community (it had about 500 pupils) and it was quite hard to say goodbye and let go. You'll settle in though when the new year begins, you'll meet new people and you're unlikely to be clamouring for the school environment once you do settle at uni.

My school is about 1500 pupils, but there's only like 40 of us in year 13 this year, so we're a really close year group (a lot of people went to college either at the end of year 11 or 12) so it'll be hard to say goodbye. But at the same time I am excited. And at least there's social media for us to stay in touch, which as several of my teachers say, there wasn't like 20 years ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine isn't really much of a school environment (somewhere in between that and university). It is only years 12-13, and has about 2500 pupils. I've met some great people and been taught by some wonderful teachers who I owe a lot to. I'll definitely miss it! I also have a great group of friends and I'm going to miss them all. I'm worried about making friends at university, I've struggled in the past. :/
Mine isn't really much of a school environment (somewhere in between that and university). It is only years 12-13, and has about 2500 pupils. I've met some great people and been taught by some wonderful teachers who I owe a lot to. I'll definitely miss it! I also have a great group of friends and I'm going to miss them all. I'm worried about making friends at university, I've struggled in the past. :/

I'm the same, there's one teacher in particular (who has taught me since year 10) who literally inspired me to do science in the future, so it's kind of her fault I even applied to Natural Sciences at Cambridge! I struggle with making friends too - I actually had 3 sixth form places at 3 different institutions and chose to turn down both the top college and sixth form in my area to stay at my current school (which doesn't have the best reputation with results etc) because all of my friends were staying.
On another point, is anyone else suddenly dreading leaving school?

It's a weird feeling really. I doubt I'll miss the people that much and I'm excited to make more friends at uni with a clean slate - for various reasons I kinda ended up in a group with people I didn't choose and tbh I don't like them that much. Also my school isn't very academic so nobody really gets me. Plus they all go out clubbing and I can't because I'm 17. I'm looking forward to the Cambridge environment where there will be more people like me.

But at the same time I am leaving somewhere I've been for seven years so it might be a bit sad. I just think I'm ready to move on :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending