The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Loving the staging. Go Lucie!

Original post by Snufkin
Loving the staging. Go Lucie!

I agree! what do you think of the rehearsal for the uk song so far?:smile:

Metro.co.uk thinks we could have a shock win
http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/07/the-united-kingdom-really-could-win-eurovision-this-year-6620645/
I listened to Bulgaria's yesterday for the first time and it sounded pretty good, I've adjusted my top 10 :yes::yes::yes:
As usual I will only watch the finals.

Anyone else doing this?
Original post by stoyfan

Anyone else doing this?

Started watching semis in 2010, never went back :tongue:

Plus there's always a number of good songs left behind :frown:
Original post by stoyfan

Anyone else doing this?

I've usually only watched the finals since I first started watching it but for the last 2 years I've been following the youtube channel for eurovision, so i think i might watch the semis this year :smile:
Original post by IKEAPanda37
Started watching semis in 2010, never went back :tongue:

Plus there's always a number of good songs left behind :frown:

do you think the semis are worth watching? I like a good chunk if the songs this year! :tongue:
Original post by bizzy_penguin
do you think the semis are worth watching? I like a good chunk if the songs this year! :tongue:

LOL yeah :tongue: bc some of my favs tend to go out :frown: (my #2 and #5 went out last year)

The ones that qualify to the final aren't necessarily the best :wink:
Original post by bizzy_penguin
I agree! what do you think of the rehearsal for the uk song so far?:smile:

Metro.co.uk thinks we could have a shock win
http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/07/the-united-kingdom-really-could-win-eurovision-this-year-6620645/

Yeah, rehearsals were good! I don't think a win is on the cards, but top 10...maybe even top 5 is possible. At this point I think Italy is almost unstoppable. Rome 2018.
I really want to watch the semis again but I have exams this week IDK of I'll have time. I really hope navi get through I really love their entry. It was one of the first to be released and I still can't stop listening to it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by studyranger
I really want to watch the semis again but I have exams this week IDK of I'll have time. I really hope navi get through I really love their entry. It was one of the first to be released and I still can't stop listening to it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice choice! :five: I love Belarus' entry as well :love:
Reply 91
I know everyone is saying the UK is a good entry and I think her staging us amazing I think it'll come maybe top 10 But i hope France and Armenia do really well. From what I've seen the Armenian staging looks good. I also really want Portugal to win!
Reply 93
Not a fan of our entry. There have been too many ballads of late IMO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chelseadagg3r
:woo:

Me and my friend make a huge deal of Eurovision every year. It used to be so much better when it wasn't taken so seriously

Australia back again though :laugh:

Dude, Aussies are mental about it. It's incredible. I think that's why we now seem to be a permanent fixture (lol). Plus it's all televised during the middle of the night there, so it's always mad all-nighters!
Reply 95
Damn i didn't realise it was already that time of year.

Gonna be betting again, hoping to extend my profit to 4 years in a row. Anyone got tips?

I'll probably slap it all on UK finishing last... Feeling it after the Brexit vote.
Reply 96
Original post by UWS
I'll probably slap it all on UK finishing last... Feeling it after the Brexit vote.

Remember it's 50/50 split between juries and televoting. And since last year's scoring changes the two are counted separately, so a good jury verdict ought to save us from an abysmal televote one. At least, let's hope it does.
Original post by UWS
Damn i didn't realise it was already that time of year.

Gonna be betting again, hoping to extend my profit to 4 years in a row. Anyone got tips?

First time betting on Eurovison, I bet on the UK to win (it was 50/1, now it is 25/1 :eek:), to place top 10 and to be the top of the 'Big 5' countries. I'd be really surprised if the UK didn't come top 10 this year, so I hope to at least win something. :afraid:
Original post by BlinkyBill
Dude, Aussies are mental about it. It's incredible. I think that's why we now seem to be a permanent fixture (lol). Plus it's all televised during the middle of the night there, so it's always mad all-nighters!

Amazing! Always wanted to go proper all out and have a massive Eurovision party. I bet a late night Aussie Eurovision party/BBQ would be amazing! Plenty of drinks and Eurovision. What's not to love?
Original post by stoyfan

Anyone else doing this?

Yeah, I do this. I don't like the hear the songs over and over because it takes the fun out of it for me

Latest

Trending

Trending