The Student Room Group

Cosmetic Surgery. Want tips and critique.

Hi people, I am seriously considering plastic surgery. I want a couple of procedures to change my face. Want to make my face physically attractive.

Anyway, I just wants peoples tips on surgery and critique on my face, so that I have a greater insight in what needs to be done.

P.S. I have posted a pic of my face.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
With any registered medical practitioner, listed on the GMC register, you will be offered some counselling before any surgery takes place.

Please take advantage of this.

I wish you well.
Reply 2
Original post by nluc88
Hi people, I am seriously considering plastic surgery. I want a couple of procedures to change my face. Want to make my face physically attractive.

Anyway, I just wants peoples tips on surgery and critique on my face, so that I have a greater insight in what needs to be done.

P.S. I have posted a pic of my face.

Nothing needs doing from what I can see in terms of face structure. Decent looking guy. However, would change hairstyle. Would need to start that by growing it out quite a bit to give flexibility
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Drez999
With any registered medical practitioner, listed on the GMC register, you will be offered some counselling before any surgery takes place.

Please take advantage of this.

I wish you well.

Why would I need counselling? I know what I want.
Reply 4
There's honestly nothing wrong with your face, it's symmetrical, your lips are full and many people would want that nose.

What do you need surgery for? Change your hairstyle and learn to love yourself, you'd feel much better and confident.
Reply 5
Original post by EC
There's honestly nothing wrong with your face, it's symmetrical, your lips are full and many people would want that nose.

What do you need surgery for? Change your hairstyle and learn to love yourself, you'd feel much better and confident.

There clearly is a need for it. First of all I'm nearly 30 and I've never had a gf.
When I have tried to chat up girls, they always reject me or ignore me.
Most of my friends are married or engaged. A couple of my friends have even told me that I'm too average looking for girls to notice or be interested in me.
I work as a bouncer in various nightclubs and guess what??? All the women ignore me or don't even bother to give eye contact. My work colleagues are always bragging about how they get many numbers they get in the club and how many girls they sleep with.
Last night at work, all the females in the club ignored me. They only talk if they want to know where the smoking area is or toilet e.t.c.

I've always felt my face lets me down. IMO, there is nothing wrong with surgery to enhance looks. Females do it all the time, e.g. breast enlargement, lip filler, butt implants e.t.c.
Reply 6
Original post by nluc88
There clearly is a need for it. First of all I'm nearly 30 and I've never had a gf.
When I have tried to chat up girls, they always reject me or ignore me.
Most of my friends are married or engaged. A couple of my friends have even told me that I'm too average looking for girls to notice or be interested in me.
I work as a bouncer in various nightclubs and guess what??? All the women ignore me or don't even bother to give eye contact. My work colleagues are always bragging about how they get many numbers they get in the club and how many girls they sleep with.
Last night at work, all the females in the club ignored me. They only talk if they want to know where the smoking area is or toilet e.t.c.

I've always felt my face lets me down. IMO, there is nothing wrong with surgery to enhance looks. Females do it all the time, e.g. breast enlargement, lip filler, butt implants e.t.c.

I don't think your face is the problem..
Reply 7
Original post by EC
I don't think your face is the problem..

What is the problem?????
Reply 8
Original post by nluc88
What is the problem?????

Hairstyle and confidence/personality when talking to girls
You've posted this before
I don't think your face is the issue.

Maybe look at your fashion sense or lack thereof. Spend a bit of money getting a decent barber. Maybe get your eyebrows threaded a bit.

Also you might not realise if your mannerisms are switching people off towards you. If you're showing desperation towards girls it is more likely to make them want to run than to want you.

Stop focusing on what others are doing and work on yourself. But cosmetic surgery isn't going to improve anything for you.
You don't need surgery. There's nothing wrong with your face. Just be yourself, you'll meet someone when you least expect it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Your face is fine dude. Just grow your hair more.
It needs a full rework. It's going to get very costly.

Spoiler

Actually, it may surprise you to learn that eyebrows do grow back—although registering that emotion in your current state is, alas, quite another matter.
Reply 15
Original post by Friffinghell
I don't think your face is the issue.

Maybe look at your fashion sense or lack thereof. Spend a bit of money getting a decent barber. Maybe get your eyebrows threaded a bit.

Also you might not realise if your mannerisms are switching people off towards you. If you're showing desperation towards girls it is more likely to make them want to run than to want you.

Stop focusing on what others are doing and work on yourself. But cosmetic surgery isn't going to improve anything for you.

First of all, I don't show desperation to anyone. Secondly, you don't know my situation. Thirdly you haven't seen how women just ignore me like I'm piece of crap.No eye contact or body language. Why is it most of friends have gf's/wives and I'm the odd one out?????
Doesn't take a genius to work out that women think I'm too s**t for them.
Cosmetic surgery would do wonders for me. I would look better and I believe that women would respond positively.
Original post by nluc88
First of all, I don't show desperation to anyone. Secondly, you don't know my situation. Thirdly you haven't seen how women just ignore me like I'm piece of crap.No eye contact or body language. Why is it most of friends have gf's/wives and I'm the odd one out?????
Doesn't take a genius to work out that women think I'm too s**t for them.
Cosmetic surgery would do wonders for me. I would look better and I believe that women would respond positively.

I have read your posts on here and it's not a stretch of the imagination to think what you would be like in everyday life.

I think you need some help, but it's not surgical help. Maybe get some counselling for your low self esteem.
I have read your posts on here and it's not a stretch of the imagination to think what you would be like in everyday life.

I think you need some help, but it's not surgical help. Maybe get some counselling for your low self esteem.

Nothing wrong with getting surgery to improve appearance. Women do it all the time. Why is there a stigma with men wanting cosmetic surgery???
Original post by hugoboss2017
Nothing wrong with getting surgery to improve appearance. Women do it all the time. Why is there a stigma with men wanting cosmetic surgery???

I never said there was a stigma with men getting cosmetic surgery.

There is a difference between getting cosmetic surgery because you have an obvious perceived flaw that they want to normalise and those who get cosmetic surgery and look fake.

For men, naturalistic surgery would be the most desirable. However, I can;t see one procedure for this OP's photo that would enhance his features. Better grooming would be cheaper and more effective.
I never said there was a stigma with men getting cosmetic surgery.

There is a difference between getting cosmetic surgery because you have an obvious perceived flaw that they want to normalise and those who get cosmetic surgery and look fake.

For men, naturalistic surgery would be the most desirable. However, I can;t see one procedure for this OP's photo that would enhance his features. Better grooming would be cheaper and more effective.

I reckon he should make his eyes larger, nose job and a chin implant.

Quick Reply

Latest