The Student Room Group

University of Amsterdam Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

So I tick all the boxes with GCSE requirements and I am well on track with A levels but I have a few questions I cant find the answer to, they are

- I am only doing one AS this year and then the rest next year, is that a problem?

- Do they ask for more than 3 Cs ever?

- Do they like good GCSE results?

- Do they ever turn people down who have the requirements? it seems too easy

- We are leaving the EU, will we have to start paying more?

Thanks so much for this thread it has been very helpful!

PS I am applying for 2018 if that helps
Has anyone who applied for International Development Studies Masters heard back?
Has anyone heard back from the psychology department yet? I'm from the U.S. and I applied to the Cultural Psychology masters program at UvA.
Reply 103
Hi,

Not sure if you ever found out about Matching but it is non binding! This means that it does not determine the outcome of your application and will simply deteremine if you're in the right place to make sure you have decided on the right course. Saying this it is compulsory, however if you have already received an email saying you are conditionally accepted and that you have a date for matching then you should be fine.

Will you be going to UvA? I should be going for the same course!
Reply 104
Original post by KFKENNYABISH
So I tick all the boxes with GCSE requirements and I am well on track with A levels but I have a few questions I cant find the answer to, they are

- I am only doing one AS this year and then the rest next year, is that a problem?

- Do they ask for more than 3 Cs ever?

- Do they like good GCSE results?

- Do they ever turn people down who have the requirements? it seems too easy

- We are leaving the EU, will we have to start paying more?

Thanks so much for this thread it has been very helpful!

PS I am applying for 2018 if that helps

As long as the program is not numerus fixus (PPLE is numerus fixus for example) you should get in with the grades stated on their site so 3 GCSE A* - C's and 3 A Levels (passes). As such:

1. AS's shouldn't be a problem - they only take A Levels into consideration.
2. Not for non numerus fixus programs.
3. Again GCSE's shouldn't matter much - even for numerus fixus applications.
4. Not that I know of, although if they don't believe you're suited to the program they may recommend against it.
5. Maastricht are the only university who have really spoken up on this. Until we leave the EU we will only need to pay EU fees eg £2006 per year. Once we have left the EU (unless we join the EEA) fees will likely rise to international fees eg roughly £9000 a year, although this is not concrete. As such in your first year you will pay only £2006 but following this, in your second and first it is not known.

Hope this was helpful!
Original post by bronzetherapy
Has anyone heard back from the psychology department yet? I'm from the U.S. and I applied to the Cultural Psychology masters program at UvA.

I applied for the research masters course. No reply yet.
Has anyone been required to sit a Mathematics Entrance Exam?
Reply 107
Has anyone received an application decision for BSc Political Science yet?
Reply 108
Original post by owad
Has anyone received an application decision for BSc Political Science yet?

Nope. I sent them an email few weeks ago and they said that they have received the decision from the admissions committee (I can be admitted) but have not had the time to send the official letter. Still waiting! But I think they will send those official letters this month.
Hi,

I got a mail from studielink asking me to fill up my payment details, but I haven't gotten any mail from the university regarding my admission.
Anybody else facing this or know what to do?
Original post by Siddardh
Hi,

I got a mail from studielink asking me to fill up my payment details, but I haven't gotten any mail from the university regarding my admission.
Anybody else facing this or know what to do?

Hey, I got this email too- it says in the email that this does not confirm our admission :smile:. i think it's just a formality so that if we get the offer, there is not delay in payment? but all the information is on Studielink and in the email.
Anyone else applied for Communication Science? I applied late and haven't heard anything yet- Just keen to know the typical offer :smile:)
Original post by domalexander
Hey, I got this email too- it says in the email that this does not confirm our admission :smile:. i think it's just a formality so that if we get the offer, there is not delay in payment? but all the information is on Studielink and in the email.

Thanks for the reply.
So we need to wait for the admission result before filling up the details right?
I'm a bit confused.
Original post by Siddardh
Thanks for the reply.
So we need to wait for the admission result before filling up the details right?
I'm a bit confused.

No we have to fill it in now. we won't be charged our fees until we actually enroll - we are only charged the admin fee of €23 or something. If you read the mail it has all the information :smile:
Reply 114
Are you all who got this email on payment details from Europe or not? Thanks!
Original post by andrea.
Are you all who got this email on payment details from Europe or not? Thanks!

Hi,
I got the mail and I'm Not from Europe.
Reply 116
No we have to fill it in now. we won't be charged our fees until we actually enroll - we are only charged the admin fee of €23 or something. If you read the mail it has all the information :smile:

You don't actually have to fill it out right now - most universities impose a deadline of a few days before the course begins. However it's probably best to fill it out in the coming days in case there are any delays etc.

The 25 eur admin fee is also only if you choose to pay in installments and it will not be charged when you enter your details, instead will be taken with your first fee installment.

Hopefully this cleared things up for people:smile:
Reply 117
Anyone else applied for Communication Science? I applied late and haven't heard anything yet- Just keen to know the typical offer :smile:)

I got my offer yesterday (Master Communication Science) - yeah!
how about you?
I missed the deadline so I'm going to apply next year to study PPLE in Amsterdam in 2018.
Congrats! I applied for a Bachelor - fingers crossed for this offer. Moving to Amsterdam is my dream!
Original post by caethli
how about you?

Original post by caethli
how about you?

Original post by caethli
how about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending