The Student Room Group

TSR Eurovision vote 2017

The TSR Eurovision vote 2017!

Another year, and another Eurovision is upon us. :woo: Once again countries from across Europe (and Australia) will be singing their hearts out to win votes, and once again, you can be a part of it by rating each act on the night!

All the song scores will show at the top of this very thread page, updated in real-time throughout the show. If you're joining us from the TSR App, then you'll need to view Nul Points in a separate page instead.

The grand final commences on Saturday, 8:00 PM on BBC One. :king1:

* A TV Licence is required to watch BBC live broadcasts

How it works

Vote on each act as they perform throughout the show. When the box at the top displays "Vote now!" next to a country, post in this thread with a rating out of ten to rate their act, e.g. That was fantastic! 8/10. You don't need to say which country your score is for, just make sure to vote at the correct time.

Voting for each act opens roughly 30 seconds after it starts, and lasts up until the beginning of the next song. You can only vote once on each song. To be sure your vote counts, post a reply near the end of each performance.

Votes are also counted via Twitter. Using the same x/10 format and hashtag #eurovision, your vote will be counted alongside votes from TSR.

What are the "Rating" and "Controversy" scores?

Rating is the average of all users' scores, with some clever maths to make it a bit clearer how the songs rank against each other. Controversy is the standard deviation of all submitted scores, which means the more divided opinion there is on a song, the higher the controversy rating will be.

Can this predict the result?

Of course! But whether that prediction is right or not, who can say?

It's not working! Help?

Don't panic, first just try reloading the page. And remember, it might take a little while for votes to be counted up, so please be patient! You can also use the "view map" button to get the full country list appearing in a separate window, if you need to.

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Its finally eurovision week, where i have to debate if i am watching the semis or doing revision smh
if you wanna get in the mood I made a playlist of my fave tracks from the past decade of Eurovision:colondollar:
https://open.spotify.com/user/1136764027/playlist/0bf3eoNeIui73muaojnPIf
Original post by Dez

Another year, and another Eurovision is upon us. :woo: Once again countries from across Europe (and Australia)

And Israel...
Original post by Dez
The TSR Eurovision vote 2017!

Another year, and another Eurovision is upon us. :woo: Once again countries from across Europe (and Australia) will be singing their hearts out to win votes, and once again, you can be a part of it by rating each act on the night!

All the song scores will show at the top of this very thread page, updated in real-time throughout the show. If you're joining us from the TSR App, then you'll need to view Nul Points in a separate page instead.

The first semi-final will begin Tuesday night at 8:00 PM on BBC Four. :teeth:

Watch: BBC Four* | YouTube (tbc) | Eurovision.tv (tbc)
Discussion thread | Nul Points
Results: Semi-final 1 | Semi-final 2 | The final

* A TV Licence is required to watch BBC live broadcasts

How it works

Vote on each act as they perform throughout the show. When the box at the top displays "Vote now!" next to a country, post in this thread with a rating out of ten to rate their act, e.g. That was fantastic! 8/10. You don't need to say which country your score is for, just make sure to vote at the correct time.

Voting for each act opens roughly 30 seconds after it starts, and lasts up until the beginning of the next song. You can only vote once on each song. To be sure your vote counts, post a reply near the end of each performance.

Votes are also counted via Twitter. Using the same x/10 format and hashtag #eurovision, your vote will be counted alongside votes from TSR.

What are the "Rating" and "Controversy" scores?

Rating is the average of all users' scores, with some clever maths to make it a bit clearer how the songs rank against each other. Controversy is the standard deviation of all submitted scores, which means the more divided opinion there is on a song, the higher the controversy rating will be.

Can this predict the result?

Of course! But whether that prediction is right or not, who can say?

It's not working! Help?

Don't panic, first just try reloading the page. And remember, it might take a little while for votes to be counted up, so please be patient! You can also use the "view map" button to get the full country list appearing in a separate window, if you need to.

YESSSS!!!!! I'm so psyched!!!! :excited::excited::excited:
Reply 6
Just three hours left to go! :woo: Looking forward to seeing what Ukraine have got for us :smile:
My semi final one qualifier predictions, based off of who I like and minimal research.

Belgium
Latvia
Portugal
Sweden
Finland
Poland
Albania (maybe)
Armenia (maybe)
Australia (probably)
Azerbaijan
Listened to the recap and I can't call it tonight. Waiting for the lives to see what happens, 1hr15 mins to go. So far I only really like Australia and Ukraines entry, but we shall see how this week goes. UK has some competition tho, and post brexit isn't gonna help us haha
Don't forget to the download the official Eurovision app from google play or the App Store to participate in the OSRAM live colour voting
Reply 10
Nearly time! :awesome:
Yay it's starting
Reply 12
Voting is OPEN! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Sweden 8/10 like his suit, song sounds a bit like Justin Timberlakes Can't stop this feeling
Reply 14
7/10 I love the suit
ehhh would say 5/10. Like a really bad Justin Timberlake
3/10 yawn
This song is making me feel better about my bet on Iceland and Australia getting through
Reply 18
Feels a bit bland for Sweden, they normally do much better. Too reliant on stage gimmicks I think. 6/10
Sweden = 6/10

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending