The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Clearing process at Aston university

Hi, recently I have firmed a choice at a uni that I may be no longer thinking of going to and I wanted to know about going to Aston through clearing. The course that I'm hoping of getting into through clearing at Aston is Computer science with business, however it requires a B for GCSE maths and I have got an C. so I was wandering would they still give me a place through clearing or would they not accept this? Also what's the likelihood of the actual course going on clearing at that uni?
I'll be looking forward to your replies.
Original post by _Hr123
Hi, recently I have firmed a choice at a uni that I may be no longer thinking of going to and I wanted to know about going to Aston through clearing. The course that I'm hoping of getting into through clearing at Aston is Computer science with business, however it requires a B for GCSE maths and I have got an C. so I was wandering would they still give me a place through clearing or would they not accept this? Also what's the likelihood of the actual course going on clearing at that uni?
I'll be looking forward to your replies.

Hi,

Best course of action will be to email our admissions team for our engineering and applied sciences school: [email protected]

Often there is flexibility on entry requirements, often the case is superceding a lower grade GCSE with an A level in the same subject.

If they indicate this is likely you'll need to take one of two paths on results day:

Your results are higher than your firm offer - If this is the case you will be eligible for adjusment which keeps your original firm place offer on the table whilst you can secure a place with us to switch to.

If your results are lower / match your firm offer - You will need to call the University which you are holding a firm offer from and ask to be released and then do the same with your insurence choice. At this point you are a "free agent" and you can call our clearing hotline for a place.

Hope that helps

Josh
(edited 6 years ago)
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest