The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi all, anyone else here definitely going to IMU this August? If so, I think it would be sick if we could get acquainted now and catch up at IMU!
Reply 21
Original post by medapplicant18
Hi all, anyone else here definitely going to IMU this August? If so, I think it would be sick if we could get acquainted now and catch up at IMU!

I am studying medicine at IMU now. Feel free to ask me anything :smile: can I ask where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
^(couldn't quote and reply, wasn't working)

Oh that's cool, I am originally Indian, but I was born and raised in Dubai. What about you? Also, what can you tell me about life outside of the academic side at IMU. I've never been to Malaysia before, so I was just wondering what students at IMU get up to in their free time?
Reply 23

I'm going there this August too!
Reply 24
Original post by Wing:)
I am studying medicine at IMU now. Feel free to ask me anything :smile: can I ask where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you in your first year? What is the teaching like? I heard that it doesn't have the best professors lol
Original post by chzzzz
I'm going there this August too!

Thats cool, I will definitely see you there! Where are you from?
Reply 26
Original post by chzzzz
Are you in your first year? What is the teaching like? I heard that it doesn't have the best professors lol

I am in semester 3 now. Feel free to message me for more info 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Thats cool, I will definitely see you there! Where are you from?

I'm from India too. I grew up mostly in Brunei (a small country next to Malaysia - you might need to google it lol).
So how come you picked IMU?
I picked it cause I didn't get into any unis UK or in India and so had to take a gap year and reapply to different unis. I'm guessing that I'm gonna be one of the older students in class lol
Original post by chzzzz
I'm from India too. I grew up mostly in Brunei (a small country next to Malaysia - you might need to google it lol).
So how come you picked IMU?
I picked it cause I didn't get into any unis UK or in India and so had to take a gap year and reapply to different unis. I'm guessing that I'm gonna be one of the older students in class lol

Picked IMU because of the exact same situation, rejected from UK unis but got into IMU. I don't really know what to expect from IMU, since I've never been to Malaysia but I'm hoping that I meet people that I can chill with and hopefully get a focused training. How old are you?
Reply 29
Picked IMU because of the exact same situation, rejected from UK unis but got into IMU. I don't really know what to expect from IMU, since I've never been to Malaysia but I'm hoping that I meet people that I can chill with and hopefully get a focused training. How old are you?

I'm 19. What about you?
Original post by chzzzz
I'm 19. What about you?

Reply 31
Original post by chzzzz
I'm 19. What about you?

U won't be the old one in the cohort. I started when I was 19 too and many of the people are doing the undergraduate med as their second or third degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am!
Reply 33
Original post by asdfghhjkl
I am!

Where are you from? And why did you choose IMU?
Original post by chzzzz
Where are you from? And why did you choose IMU?

I'm Indian but I'm from Kenya :smile:
I applied to UK, by didn't get any offers! Have you been to the university?
Reply 35
I am!

Welcome to IMU :smile:
Feel free to ask me any questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
I'm Indian but I'm from Kenya :smile:
I applied to UK, by didn't get any offers! Have you been to the university?

No I haven't visited the uni yet. Have you?
Reply 37
Original post by chzzzz

You guys will be surprised when you first come to the uni. It's so small 😂 only one building with 6 storeys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wing:)
Welcome to IMU :smile:
Feel free to ask me any questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! If you don't mind me asking, do you use oncampus accommodation? If so, how is it?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by chzzzz

Nope!

Latest

Trending

Trending