The Student Room Group

teacher student relationships

Scroll to see replies

you can't help who you fall in love with...
he's single, has a good job i say wait a few monthes then go for it
oh and i know people will say he's abusing you and he took advantage of your youth et but if your sure he's trusted why not... whats the worst that could happen? he can't get fired if noone knows surely
Can't OP just wait until he splits up with his GF, and until the year is over (3 months tops).

If you actually think it's love (yeah right) then surely waiting 3 months isn't a biggie?

I'd just like to add, it's very common for young women to fall in love with men in positions of power/authority.

Just look at the number of women who end up dating their managers or bosses. (and im sure there are ALOT of girls that fancy their teachers, but boys do this alot aswel!)
Reply 23
it isn't 'illegal' as you're 18, but whilst he is still your teacher, it can get him fired. once you have left though, and you are no longer a student or he your teacher, you can do what you like.
Reply 24
i'm not 'in love' i would just like to spend more time with him like watch movies instead of watching seperate then talking about it... be where people wont watch us and tease us...
i know in like 3 monthes he wont be my teacher but then i'll be going to uni so everything would be pointless
Original post by Anonymous
i'm not 'in love' i would just like to spend more time with him like watch movies instead of watching seperate then talking about it... be where people wont watch us and tease us...
i know in like 3 monthes he wont be my teacher but then i'll be going to uni so everything would be pointless

What happened between you two? I know it's been a year or two since this happened but I was just wondering if you two hooked up as i'm in a similar situation :smile: x
i also have a crush on one of my teachers but im only 16 at the moment i am waiting for the right age then i will make a move
Original post by ikkynumberone
i also have a crush on one of my teachers but im only 16 at the moment i am waiting for the right age then i will make a move

Stay away from your teacher, don't risk their job. There is 0 chance they feel the same way.
Reply 28
Original post by doodle_333
There is 0 chance they feel the same way.

you know this because in the modern day history of man no student has ever copped off with their teacher.

not ever.

Spoiler

Forget all this teacher-student relationships. They're just a receipe for disaster, honestly.
Original post by ANM775
you know this because in the modern day history of man no student has ever copped off with their teacher.

not ever.

Spoiler

I'd hazard a guess if you took all the teenagers who had crushes on their teachers the percentage for whom it was reciprocated would probably be closer to 0% than 1%
Reply 31
I'd hazard a guess if you took all the teenagers who had crushes on their teachers the percentage for whom it was reciprocated would probably be closer to 0% than 1%

I think your guess is a little off considering:

"An estimated 20 percent of American children have been sexually molested, making pedophilia a common paraphilia. "

https://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/pedophilia

and pedophillia is described as sexual attraction to children 13 or younger. The amount of ebophiles is bound to be higher.

Given all this there is a reasonable chance the childs crush won't automatically not be reciprocated due to their age. Weather or not the Teacher is willing to risk his career and freedom and engage sexually with the child however is another matter......,
Original post by ANM775
I think your guess is a little off considering:

"An estimated 20 percent of American children have been sexually molested, making pedophilia a common paraphilia. "

https://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/pedophilia

and pedophillia is described as sexual attraction to children 13 or younger. The amount of ebophiles is bound to be higher.

Given all this there is a reasonable chance the childs crush won't automatically not be reciprocated due to their age. Weather or not the Teacher is willing to risk his career and freedom and engage sexually with the child however is another matter......,

3-5% of men have sexual thoughts about children according to your article... so there's a 5% chance (let's be generous since OP is probably older than 13, and you're right I'm sure more people fantasise about 15 y/os than 10 y/os) that her teacher is a pedophile in the first place... even if they were a pedophile it wouldn't mean they were attracted to HER specifically so the likelihood is lower than that.

Although really... I feel like you're trying to destroy my argument for no reason. OP shouldn't pursue their teacher and the likelihood the teacher reciprocates is very low (clearly not absolute zero but low enough not to bother).
Reply 33
3-5% of men have sexual thoughts about children according to your article... so there's a 5% chance (let's be generous since OP is probably older than 13, and you're right I'm sure more people fantasise about 15 y/os than 10 y/os) that her teacher is a pedophile in the first place... even if they were a pedophile it wouldn't mean they were attracted to HER specifically so the likelihood is lower than that.

Although really... I feel like you're trying to destroy my argument for no reason. OP shouldn't pursue their teacher and the likelihood the teacher reciprocates is very low (clearly not absolute zero but low enough not to bother).

I agree with you that OP shouldn't pursue her teacher, but I disagreed with your statement that the chances the teacher would feel the same way would be zero
Reply 34
Original post by ANM775
I agree with you that OP shouldn't pursue her teacher, but I disagreed with your statement that the chances the teacher would feel the same way would be zero

well actually OP says they are 18 ...so I'm not really that opposed to it from her point of view[although it is very unprofessional from the teacher's side and I would probably sack him if I was the head teacher due to being unprofessional]

the other 16 year old that was quoted, ..it's probably best not pursue a relationship with your teacher, it is illegal due to your age and him being in a position of trust.
Original post by ikkynumberone

Please don't do anything
A thread from 2011 being bumped up. Smh
Lol!:tongue:
okay so i'm not having a relationship with a teacher, but at my school we have an artist in residence who was a guy in the year above me, and we kinda have a thing which isn't really a thing, but more of a flirty thing, i'm seventeen and he is eighteen, would it be illegal for me to date him as he isn't technically a teacher.
so I'm not dating a teacher, but there is this guy at my school who was in the year above (I'm upper sixth) and became back this year as an artist in residence, we flirt slot and I like him, is this illegal or not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending