The Student Room Group

I feel tired and weak but I need to revise

I have a uni exam on the 15th and I hardly know much content on it. I'm usually a night owl and revise at night. I procrastinated last night and the day before and did nothing and this night I feel extremely tired, weak and nauseous.

I don't know what to do. I feel lost. I don't feel like I can concentrate too much. I feel panicky and distressed. If I sleep, il lose a whole day .
If you're tired there isn't a chance you will do as productive revision as well rested.
Original post by VMD100
If you're tired there isn't a chance you will do as productive revision as well rested.

The strange thing is, I should be well rested. I slept for 11 hours today. This is what I don't understand.....
Original post by Dhanny
I have a uni exam on the 15th and I hardly know much content on it. I'm usually a night owl and revise at night. I procrastinated last night and the day before and did nothing and this night I feel extremely tired, weak and nauseous.

I don't know what to do. I feel lost. I don't feel like I can concentrate too much. I feel panicky and distressed. If I sleep, il lose a whole day .

I think you should get some sleep or you won't be able to think clearly and you won't be productive!x:smile: You should sleep, so when you wake up you wake up you'll be well rested and able to work much more efficiently...:smile:
Speaking of which, I better go to sleep I never get enough sleep and I've been revising for maths!:tongue:
Best of luck!x:biggrin:
You might have an iron problem so load up on spinich and vit c (so it can absorb) and you will have great energy
I felt like this a lot during my A2 year, I was fatigued and it took so much effort to do work. I had to come home and take a nap first before I could do anything but this took up so much time. Instead, I researched some stuff to get my energy up and starting taking B12 vitamins and iron tablets and something called Minavex which is like a multivitamin liquid.

Found they really helped with reducing how tired I felt and made me able to work longer!

Also for nerves and anxiety etc theres this thing called 'Rescue remedy' which they sell in Holland and Barrett, its some like natural flower oil which really helps you calm down and not feel anxious

Good luck on your exams!
Reply 6
Eat fruits they will restore energy levels and that way you can revise if you want.
When I used to study I would eat while studying, but sometimes I'd run out of energy so I'd stop, take a break, occupy myself with something else and then get back to it. And I would try not to go on my phone. It worked very well and I'll still stick to it
I felt exactly like this yesterday. I even went out and forced myself to revise in the library but I was so weak and tired I ended up fainting. I don't know the cause of why etc but lately I've been having a few family and relationship issues/bereavement which have drained me mentally which can itself make you feel tired etc, and I forgot to eat in between as well. I came home and went straight to bed and knocked out, and the next day I was completely awake and fine to revise. Sometimes your health comes first no matter how important exams are. If you are tired, have a nap. Do not force yourself to do anything as you probably wont take as much in anyway. Good luck.
Sleep. If you're tired and ill you won't do well in the exam however much you revise. Tbh you probably need to get used to working in the day at least a bit before then so this could be your opportunity to switch really. But that bit's up to you- but sleep. Your health comes first, always.
It's all about the depression naps, my son
Sleep, and find a way to release stress. I cried this morning in my history class, my eyes were bright red and I have to drink coffee to help me to undergo revision. Which made it worse because I cannot really concentrate. Have a good sleep fresh mind will remember more things! Good luck.
Original post by Dhanny
The strange thing is, I should be well rested. I slept for 11 hours today. This is what I don't understand.....

Just get some rest, you will learn nothing if you can't concentrate properly. You should never sacrifice your health for exams, they aren't worth it
But the advice I would give would be to eat more fruit and veg (MORE NUTRIENTS WOO!) every day to make u feel less nauseous and take a little nap coz ur tired but key suggestion - down a big glass of water before u take a nap. I am not the most hydrated person myself but i know when im dehydrated i feel even more tired and sometimes when i take a nap i feel more tired than i did before :0 so yeah, drink ur water. Also if you drink enough water you will have to get urself out of bed to pee at some point so u can't waste ur day in bed.
Original post by username1544121

Hiii me too. I usually revise well but lately my mental health hasnt been thr best. I wasnt able to revise at all. And i am in A level with exams in one month. Can you ease help me if you found any way to be able to revise and focus again eithout ptocrastinating

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending