The Student Room Group

University of Plovdiv

Please could people tell of their experience at this university? Are there any negatives about it? Please be honest....it's a big decision for me...I don't want to regret later on if it was a wrong decision.
No smoke without fire is my philosophy!

[video="youtube;chwfgV41lXY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chwfgV41lXY&t=1s[/video]
Original post by Ender.Dragon
No smoke without fire is my philosophy!

[video="youtube;chwfgV41lXY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chwfgV41lXY&t=1s[/video]

None of my friends have encountered such problems.
Original post by WhoDaresWins
None of my friends have encountered such problems.

So your "friends" (communicated to us through you on an anonymous forum) are a more reliable source of information than a story all over the Bulgarian national news?
So your "friends" (communicated to us through you on an anonymous forum) are a more reliable source of information than a story all over the Bulgarian national news?

Oh please, I am not an agent and I have already watched the medical doorway youtube videos warning me of such agencies. Also I trust my friends more than the 'media'.
Oh please, I am not an agent and I have already watched the medical doorway youtube videos warning me of such agencies. Also I trust my friends more than the 'media'.

From what I can see I didn't accuse you of being an agent; but as you raise the point? My point is valid that anyone can write anything on here so reference to external sources that can be traced back is a more analytical method of sourcing relevant information.
From what I can see I didn't accuse you of being an agent; but as you raise the point? My point is valid that anyone can write anything on here so reference to external sources that can be traced back is a more analytical method of sourcing relevant information.

Did you have an account called Cooliomed on here?

eh?

I reckon that guy must be some kind of agent....just ignore him/her. Don't believe what people say against University of Plovdiv....none of it is true. I have been to open days, I have met students currently 3rd there, I have talked to family friends and their parents who have their children going to Plovdiv Medical University, and all of them are happy with...not a single complaint.

As far as that video is concerned, if it was a big issue, honestly that "Big Ball" person would have over 1000+ views at the very least, but no! There is like only 270 views lol, and plus comments are disabled suggesting that uploader knew there would be criticisms for that video which would conflict with the objective of that video. Such an unreliable source. Then there is a link for a news paper, oh wow - like any local money maker news company would want to do; create fake news....and lately there has been lot of fake news going on just to generate some money - so I wouldn't trust one source. I mean if this is an issue (that students have to stand up for lectures, etc) then it would come up on BBC, Telegraph, local news and come on google news, then yes there may be an issue; but why believe 'a' source such as that.

From what I heard, Plovdiv Medical University is a brilliant university and it offers everything - modern facilities, city wise is perfect for students, there are huge shopping malls with plenty of western stores, i.e. H&M, etc...so yh I don't think PMU would give you any negative experiences. Think about it, there are 200+ students gradating there every year, there must be a reason for it that a lot of students successfully graduate and are proud to be there.

I would believe this at least:

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/oct/03/british-university-students-who-study-abroad-europe

A lot of students like that university and it's perfect for student uni life.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ApplesTrees
I reckon that guy must be some kind of agent....just ignore him/her. Don't believe what people say against University of Plovdiv....none of it is true. I have been to open days, I have met students currently 3rd there, I have talked to family friends and their parents who have their children going to Plovdiv Medical University, and all of them are happy with...not a single complaint.

As far as that video is concerned, if it was a big issue, honestly that "Big Ball" person would have over 1000+ views at the very least, but no! There is like only 270 views lol, and plus comments are disabled suggesting that uploader knew there would be criticisms for that video which would conflict with the objective of that video. Such an unreliable source. Then there is a link for a news paper, oh wow - like any local money maker news company would want to do; create fake news....and lately there has been lot of fake news going on just to generate some money - so I wouldn't trust one source. I mean if this is an issue (that students have to stand up for lectures, etc) then it would come up on BBC, Telegraph, local news and come on google news, then yes there may be an issue; but why believe 'a' source such as that.

From what I heard, Plovdiv Medical University is a brilliant university and it offers everything - modern facilities, city wise is perfect for students, there are huge shopping malls with plenty of western stores, i.e. H&M, etc...so yh I don't think PMU would give you any negative experiences. Think about it, there are 200+ students gradating there every year, there must be a reason for it that a lot of students successfully graduate and are proud to be there.

I would believe this at least:

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/oct/03/british-university-students-who-study-abroad-europe

A lot of students like that university and it's perfect for student uni life.

Yeah he was..

I have 3 friends there studying Medicine and 2 studying Dentistry, no complaints from them. This isn't related to the MU but Plovdiv will also be the European capital of culture in 2019.
Yeah he was..

I have 3 friends there studying Medicine and 2 studying Dentistry, no complaints from them. This isn't related to the MU but Plovdiv will also be the European capital of culture in 2019.

Yh exactly....I have never heard anything bad from the university....so you are better off studying there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending