The Student Room Group

Law OCR AS - English Legal System Predicted Topics 2017

Who has predictions for the upcoming Sources of Law exam on the 19th of May 2017?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by SethMtv
Who has predictions for the upcoming English Legal System exam on the 16th of May 2017?

My law teacher thinks ADR will be because it hasn't been on the last 2 years but other than that, I have no clue
Reply 3
Original post by Abbey3700
My law teacher thinks ADR will be because it hasn't been on the last 2 years but other than that, I have no clue

Judges will almost certainly come up. Solicitors and Barristers will probably be there too.
My teacher says that barristers & solicitors is likely - more likely to be focused on barristers. Magistrates is also likely, judges,ADR, sentencing- youth probably, Police Powers also
Police Powers is likely
Reply 6
Yeah but what area on police powers? Samples? Stop and search?
My law teacher decided not to teach judges, is that bad?

Honestly not so bad, the B question on judges is always really difficult anyway. Just make sure you know all the other topics well :smile:
Original post by SethMtv
Yeah but what area on police powers? Samples? Stop and search?

Arrest hasn't been on for a while, but I think samples and interview are likely because I'm sure last year it was dentention and searches
Reply 10

Mine hasn't either so panicking if a legal funding comes up
Original post by ellekcm
Mine hasn't either so panicking if a legal funding comes up

He hasn't taught us a few of the topics and looking through the past papers, I'm worried it isn't enough :/. He's been doing it for years so I think I'll just have to trust it
Reply 12

Well, its probably gonna come up but if you've memorised all the other topics very well, then you can afford to skip it.
Reply 13
Do you think there's​ going to be a question on juries?
I personally don't think juries will come up as it was in the 2016 and 2015 paper
Original post by BigBoyBazza24
I personally don't think juries will come up as it was in the 2016 and 2015 paper

This is my own personal belief on which topics will come up so don't get worried if you think differently:

- Stop and Search (Police Powers)
- Arrest (Police Powers)
- Pre-trial procedures ( for TEW offences like that)
- Criminal Appeals
- Sentencing ( most likely Youth related)
- The Judiciary ( Judges/ Separation of Powers etc)
- Legal Profession
- Magistrates
- ADR
Original post by Bhavesh1
Do you think there's​ going to be a question on juries?

I think it would be unlikely because that came up last year, so more likely Magistrates, but who knows!
Original post by BigBoyBazza24

As juries and magistrates are lay people they never put both topics on the exam, it's always one or the other. Magistrates is a lot more likely than juries
Reply 18
Guys what about sources of law exam any predictions ?
Reply 19
Original post by gkhan14
Guys what about sources of law exam any predictions ?

Is that G152?
If so my teacher thinks judicial precedent - practice statement & delegated legislation

Quick Reply