The Student Room Group

OCR A level history 2017

Anyone doing OCR A Level History on the new spec 2015? just wondering what topics people are doing :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Amusing Elk so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

I'm doing French Rev & Napoleon, Britain 1930-1997 and the challenge of German Nationalism
Unit 1 - Early Stuarts and the Origins of the Civil War 1603-1660
Unit 2 - USA in the 19th Century - Westward Expansion and Civil War 1803-1890
Unit 3 - US Civil Rights 1865-1992
I'm doing International relations 1890-1945, Wars of the roses and Tudor foreign policy
Autocracy To Communism in Russia
Anglo Saxons to the Normans

Next Year:
The Empire from 1555- 1783

WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS!
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm doing:

Unit Y104: England 1377-1455
Unit Y221: Democracy and Dictatorships in Germany 1919-1963
Unit Y319: Civil Rights in the USA 1865–1992
Happy to help if anyone has any questions/issues, or needs resources, with/for any of the above units:smile:
Reply 7
Unit 1: Early Stuarts and the Origins of the Civil War 1603-1660
Unit 2: South Africa (Apartheid)
Unit 4: Middle East
I am doing Russia 1894-1941, Popular Culture and the Witchcraze of the 16th and 17th Centuries, as well as the Mid Tudor Crises and the Later Tudors.
UNIT 1: Liberals, Conservatives and the rise of Labour
UNIT 2: Italy 1896-1943
UNIT 3: Witches - Popular culture of the 16th century and 17th century
Reply 10
Original post by oliviaganderton
I'm doing French Rev & Napoleon, Britain 1930-1997 and the challenge of German Nationalism

Hey, I'm literally all of the same topics you are doing. How are you finding German nationalism? I'm STRUGGLING 🙃
I'm doing French Rev and Napoleon, and also Britain from 1929-1997 (Churchill 1929-1945 and then Britain 1951-1997 including Thatcher, Conservative 13 year domination, Labour and conservative governments from 1964-1979). Anyone else doing either of these? I have my Britain paper tomorrow :/
Reply 12
Original post by RevisionGuide
I'm doing French Rev and Napoleon, and also Britain from 1929-1997 (Churchill 1929-1945 and then Britain 1951-1997 including Thatcher, Conservative 13 year domination, Labour and conservative governments from 1964-1979). Anyone else doing either of these? I have my Britain paper tomorrow :/

what structure do you use for Britain's 20 markers
I am really struggling with structure for the source's and essays
Original post by _gbou12
For the 20 mark source question for Churchill, try identify factors from the question and then highlight the sources that support these particular factors. For example if there is a question on Churchill showing poor judgement for the bombing campaign, look through the sources and put them under this factor. Do the same for the 'he did not show poor judgement.' I would not recommend doing one paragraph on source A, then another of Source B then another on source C. You want to ensure that you cross link sources, compare and contrast them using provenance. Identify limitations. In each paragraph, refer to at least 2 sources (use the sources to support each other and also identify any contradictions) and show your understanding of each source using contextual knowledge.

That was a lot of words lol. Hope this helps and if you don't understand anything that I said or if it seems unclear, feel free to ask and i'll try explain it more clearly :smile:
Original post by _gbou12
For the 20 marker on periods 1951-1997, identify 3 factors relating to the particular even e.g. Industrial relations in 1964(one factor is given in the question). A short intro to show the most important factor/main argument. Use PEEL paragraphs for every factor and evaluate each factor against the other-whilst explicitly showing why your factor is the most significant. Finally, a short conclusion summing up your entire argument.
For the 20 marker on periods 1951-1997, identify 3 factors relating to the particular even e.g. Industrial relations in 1964(one factor is given in the question). A short intro to show the most important factor/main argument. Use PEEL paragraphs for every factor and evaluate each factor against the other-whilst explicitly showing why your factor is the most significant. Finally, a short conclusion summing up your entire argument.

Would you mind giving an example of how you'd structure a paragraph for me please? It's what I really struggle with!
Original post by gorilla2000
Would you mind giving an example of how you'd structure a paragraph for me please? It's what I really struggle with!
I'll PM you
Reply 17
For the 20 mark source question for Churchill, try identify factors from the question and then highlight the sources that support these particular factors. For example if there is a question on Churchill showing poor judgement for the bombing campaign, look through the sources and put them under this factor. Do the same for the 'he did not show poor judgement.' I would not recommend doing one paragraph on source A, then another of Source B then another on source C. You want to ensure that you cross link sources, compare and contrast them using provenance. Identify limitations. In each paragraph, refer to at least 2 sources (use the sources to support each other and also identify any contradictions) and show your understanding of each source using contextual knowledge.

That was a lot of words lol. Hope this helps and if you don't understand anything that I said or if it seems unclear, feel free to ask and i'll try explain it more clearly :smile:

Do you have clear example of an entire essay please, the revsison guide isn't very good
Original post by oliviaganderton

I'm studying those too! Absolutely bricking it for German Nationalism...
Original post by georgialennon
I'm doing:

Unit Y104: England 1377-1455
Unit Y221: Democracy and Dictatorships in Germany 1919-1963
Unit Y319: Civil Rights in the USA 1865–1992
Happy to help if anyone has any questions/issues, or needs resources, with/for any of the above units:smile:

Hello im studying civil rights in the USA 1865-1992, im in year 12 and am struggling with more or less everything , such as Africans american civil rights, native american civil right and women and their civil rights.

If you dont mind can you send me some resources and notes, essay etc regarding these areas it will be much appreciated. thank you
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending