The Student Room Group

what exactly is america's problem with iran

my iranian friend is pro-government on the basis of protecting iranian citizens from anti shia militants (isis) and american bombs, so what is it with americas literal obsession with iran? are they mad cos they can't bomb iran easily like the did to afghanistan, iraq and helping saudis with yemen?

Scroll to see replies

Maybe it was because everyone was so chummy pre-revolution, and then they just lost it and started doing international terrorism and the Ayatollah kind of telling everyone to destroy America. The hostage crisis can't have helped.
Original post by sofiaghani
my iranian friend is pro-government on the basis of protecting iranian citizens from anti shia militants (isis) and american bombs, so what is it with americas literal obsession with iran? are they mad cos they can't bomb iran easily like the did to afghanistan, iraq and helping saudis with yemen?

Read some history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93United_States_relations

The US has a past with Iran ever since they stormed the US Embassy and held the US citizens hostage. The US doesnt trust Iran in its attempts to get a nuclear weapon and destabilise the region. It goes both ways. Iran thinks the US is satan.
Reply 3
Original post by Trinculo
Maybe it was because everyone was so chummy pre-revolution, and then they just lost it and started doing international terrorism and the Ayatollah kind of telling everyone to destroy America. The hostage crisis can't have helped.

or, the American government is a very poor loser. the previous relations caused millions of iranians to die on a weekly basis by the savak patrol (agents). tbh the revolution was probably the best thing to happen to iran.

marg bar amreka has been clarified by the ayatollah on many occasions to mean death to the american government. not the people, just as death to iran would mean death to the iranain government, not people.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Read some history

The US has a past with Iran ever since they stormed the US Embassy and held the US citizens hostage. The US doesnt trust Iran in its attempts to get a nuclear weapon and destabilise the region. It goes both ways. Iran thinks the US is satan.

america wouldn't do the same if the tables were turned and america was iran's little ***** so the american people had a revolution to be rid of the iranian corrupt government officials lmao?
Reply 5
I don't know about you, Sofia, but if I was the government of the USA and this new leader came up and held my people hostage in an embassy for over a year I'd be pretty pissed off at that leader and those who associate with that leader.

But as a Central Asian, I think Iran and USA should laugh it off like

"hahaha hey Meri, remember when I held your people hostage"
"OH HO HO HO Ranny, those were the days".

...nah **** that, that'd be a ****ed up friendship.
Reply 6
Read some history

Maybe because they organised a coup to overthrow their leader and install their own puppet?
america wouldn't do the same if the tables were turned and america was iran's little ***** so the american people had a revolution to be rid of the iranian corrupt government officials lmao?

You seem to want an argument. I cba.

People tend not to invade embassies and hold people hostage as thats illegal.

Would I think it was a good idea if Iran got nuclear weapons? No.
Reply 8
You seem to want an argument. I cba.

People tend not to invade embassies and hold people hostage as thats illegal.

Would I think it was a good idea if Iran got nuclear weapons? No.

lmfao illegal in a revolution after being tortured for years under the elite shahis and the monarchy? i think its an exception when the shah was america's *****, of course iranians were gonna be mad

do i think they should obtain nuclear weapons? yes :smile:
because Iran doesnt lick America's a$$ like every other country
I was quite ready to offer opinion on this, even to debate the matter, right up until the OP decided to post

"america wouldn't do the same if the tables were turned and america was iran's little ***** so the american people had a revolution to be rid of the iranian corrupt government officials lmao?"

Text speak. Why oh why. Add in the unnecessary crudeness and I'm out.
lmfao illegal in a revolution after being tortured for years under the elite shahis and the monarchy? i think its an exception when the shah was america's *****, of course iranians were gonna be mad

do i think they should obtain nuclear weapons? yes :smile:

You asked a question but you dont seem to want an answer and are happy to avoid educating yourself. by reading some history.
Reply 12
Original post by Katzen
I don't know about you, Sofia, but if I was the government of the USA and this new leader came up and held my people hostage in an embassy for over a year I'd be pretty pissed off at that leader and those who associate with that leader.

But as a Central Asian, I think Iran and USA should laugh it off like

"hahaha hey Meri, remember when I held your people hostage"
"OH HO HO HO Ranny, those were the days".

...nah **** that, that'd be a ****ed up friendship.

You're so weird
Reply 13
Original post by Jirga
Maybe because they organised a coup to overthrow their leader and install their own puppet?

Khomeini spoke up for the working and middle class' of Iran who were being suppressed, tortured, exiled and murdered under the elite shahis. So like, who's puppet was Khomeini when he was against being America's puppet?
Original post by Grim_Squeaker
I was quite ready to offer opinion on this, even to debate the matter, right up until the OP decided to post

"america wouldn't do the same if the tables were turned and america was iran's little ***** so the american people had a revolution to be rid of the iranian corrupt government officials lmao?"

Text speak. Why oh why. Add in the unnecessary crudeness and I'm out.

Precisely the OP isnt interested in learning anything. As bad as the anti muslim trolls who post here.
Reply 15
Original post by futuresomething
because Iran doesnt lick America's a$$ like every other country

yesssssss true
Reply 16
Khomeini spoke up for the working and middle class' of Iran who were being suppressed, tortured, exiled and murdered under the elite shahis. So like, who's puppet was Khomeini when he was against being America's puppet?

What? Where did I say Khomeini was a puppet?

Iran ranks #4 in the world for proven oil reserves, coming in with a massive 160 billion barrels!

The USA ranks #10 with a mere 30 billion barrels.

Donald Trump loves oil...

Put two and two together and its easy to see why America would want to pick a fight with Iran...
Reply 18
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Iran ranks #4 in the world for proven oil reserves, coming in with a massive 160 billion barrels!

The USA ranks #10 with a mere 30 billion barrels.

Donald Trump loves oil...

Put two and two together and its easy to see why America would want to pick a fight with Iran...

Yeah that makes sense.
Reply 19
Original post by zork2
You're so weird

Oh wow just because I'd hate it if my citizens were held hostage. Nah it's cool Zog, you'd make a great leader when someone calls you "oi Leader Zog, we held your embassy hostage" just say "cool mate, keep them."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending