The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Sociology SCLY3 & SCLY4 - 08 & 15 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Is anyone retaking any of these papers? And if so hows revision going? I feel like im the only one retaking sociology -___-

Scroll to see replies

I'm resitting both exams for A2 Socio next month and as this resit paper is the last paper of the previous spec I was wondering whether anyone knows if that means suicide is included (as in I should cover enough revision to answer an essay on suicide?)
I'm not re-sitting sociology (already completed the a level) but I think it would be a good idea to cover everything in the specification (including suicide) as I feel that exam boards won't be recycling questions anymore :^) good luck for your exams though, you're gonna ace them!
Has anyone got any predictions for crime and deviance and beliefs ??
Original post by revision1
Has anyone got any predictions for crime and deviance and beliefs ??

What're you doing a resit or reformed a level? Reformed a level is just gonna be a free for all there 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I am also retaking some of these papers. How is revision going and any predictions?
Original post by mollyadtr
What're you doing a resit or reformed a level? Reformed a level is just gonna be a free for all there 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing the reformed
Alevel 😭😭😭
I'm doing the reformed
Alevel 😭😭😭

Same 😪all that my teachers are saying is that the smaller mark questions will be challenging but the essays will be doable for all cause they need to get good results for the first time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Is anybody doing the old syllabus?
Reply 9
Original post by S.xxo
Is anyone retaking any of these papers? And if so hows revision going? I feel like im the only one retaking sociology -___-

I'm doing this paper but not retaking
I'm doing sociology all in one year... decided to do the old syllabus

I think the predictions are for crime
33 marker - social policy, values or action theories I think
Original post by mollyadtr
Same 😪all that my teachers are saying is that the smaller mark questions will be challenging but the essays will be doable for all cause they need to get good results for the first time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohh right! I am not prepared at all whatosever actually scared about sociology :frown:
ohh right! I am not prepared at all whatosever actually scared about sociology :frown:

me too, it doesnt help that we havent finished crime and deviance yet either :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Original post by 3mmz
I'm doing this paper but not retaking
I'm doing sociology all in one year... decided to do the old syllabus

I think the predictions are for crime
33 marker - social policy, values or action theories I think

Yes i was thinking the same or sociology as a science
Reply 13
Original post by Emmas2637
Hi I am also retaking some of these papers. How is revision going and any predictions?

Which papers are you retaking?
For FAMILIES: i think one of the perspectives/ childhood
For education: I think ethnicity/ class (kind of hard to predict for education)
For beliefs: Its so hard to predict but i think that social change will come up as one of the 33 markers
And for crime: im sure values/ sociology as a science will come up
(edited 6 years ago)
Is the for the new reformed spec??
How is everyone feeling about the Theories section of the syllabus?
Original post by LenniesRabbit

There is way too much content to learn too many names

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got an A last year in AS sociology, but for this year, especially as i am doing Beliefs in Society, Crime and Deviance and Theory and Methods... it will be so difficult.

I really don't understand state crime or green crime... and theory and methods, well... there's way too much to learn!! my first exam is the 8th June, and i don't know anything & i have a horrible feeling the exam questions will be on difficult topics. i am absolutely doomed.

what's everyone else's thoughts?
Original post by LenniesRabbit

i am dreading it... especially because they are in 2/3 papers :frown: there's way too much new information & some of the content just doesn't make much sense!!
Original post by butterflyalwaysx
i got an A last year in AS sociology, but for this year, especially as i am doing Beliefs in Society, Crime and Deviance and Theory and Methods... it will be so difficult.

I really don't understand state crime or green crime... and theory and methods, well... there's way too much to learn!! my first exam is the 8th June, and i don't know anything & i have a horrible feeling the exam questions will be on difficult topics. i am absolutely doomed.

what's everyone else's thoughts?

I can send you state and green crime if you like I've got a simplified PowerPoint from class, and I have the same feeling as well, and same I find it annoying that our a grades from last year are now meaningless they should have entered us into just the a2 exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending