The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 03 WPH03 - 10th of May, 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ashmjj
i think u can i mean why not meter rule can be used to find that distance just that it's not that precise as vernier!

its not practical to measure distance in food using vernier caliper , i guess you will have to cut it to keep it in the vernier , so its not very practical to use vernier eventhough its more precise
Reply 101
Hey guys! any predictions for the grade boundaries?
Is 35 or 36 out of 40 gonna be A?
Original post by wyzzl
Hey guys! any predictions for the grade boundaries?
Is 35 or 36 out of 40 gonna be A?

what? U think the grade boundaries will be that high ???
Guys for the circuit diagram, I accidently labelled the bulb as filament lamp. Will I lose marks?
can someone please tell me in the young modulus question if I convert from mm to m wrong , they wont give me even a single mark for the rest question? though the method with which I did was correct.
Reply 105
Original post by shahida sulaiman
what? U think the grade boundaries will be that high ???

No:redface: that's my prediction for my grade
i think 32-33 will be an A..do you guys agree with me?
Original post by examhater44

I would say thats reasonable yes
Reply 108
For the distance between antinodes a metre rule which measures to 1mm ( uncertainty of 1mm ) is sufficient. No need to complicate things.
Reply 109
Tbh this paper was just like every other past paper other than the first question. If you studidied the past papers well the experiments and graph questions were basically the same as other past papers. I hope you all get good grades!!

Psychologically it should be like 30/31 A
But actually its gonna be 34/35 A

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am missing 7 marks for sure. But many of my friends ended up finising each and every bit of paper.
And I am afraid that it is gonna be case with most of the students due to which grade boundaries are gonna be high.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just can't stop thinking about the last question about the young modulus, I got around 2119 N/m² what we your answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hello2017
Guys for the circuit diagram, I accidently labelled the bulb as filament lamp. Will I lose marks?

It was actually called a filament lamp in the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kevandowski
I just can't stop thinking about the last question about the young modulus, I got around 2119 N/m² what we your answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 2*10^10 which the majority got

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
is it fine if we left the answer as 1.9 x 10^10
Original post by FutureStripper
I got 2*10^10 which the majority got

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 2.01x10^10.......thats fine right? They probably have a range.
I got 2.01x10^10.......thats fine right? They probably have a range.

how did u calculate it ?
Reply 118
There was a paper which was similiar (maybe a bit easier) and its boundary was 30/40 A so I stick behind this paper being 30 because it wasnt a crazy easy paper imo.
Original post by AdemN
There was a paper which was similiar (maybe a bit easier) and its boundary was 30/40 A so I stick behind this paper being 30 because it wasnt a crazy easy paper imo.

It was pretty easy I would say. Nothing you couldn't answer if you studied and did past papers. I would say it's around 32 to 34 for an A. I'm sure you did just fine don't stress it dude.

Quick Reply

Latest