The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
I'm moving in in september (bit late i know). Is it as good as it looks? Looked around today and I think it's amazing but it seems too good to be true. Thanks (: Charlotte
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
its a nice place to live but to be fair I'm not a massive fan, could just be my experience but I was with house mates that don't talk and just wasn't the first year experience I was expecting cause it was mostly 2nd and 3rd years. Just make sure it's definitely where you want to before you decide x
Hi all, I'm booking student lodge this year and I wonder how it went for u guys? I'd really love to know before I move in
Reply 4
Original post by Heathermay118
I've been trying to find flat mates for weeks and had no luck, is anyone else staying at the student lodge?

I'm staying at the student lodge
Original post by Soraiax
I'm staying at the student lodge

How is it?
I stayed at student lodge radford this year and I can honestly say if you’re thinking about living there, be careful. I wasn’t told that the accommodation itself was in a red light district. Also, there’s only the L12 that goes to Uni unless you manage to make a friend at spc and they can get you a card for the United bus. I always got the tram because the L12 was always late and not that frequent. On top of that, Yh it looks really nice and the people that live there are nice but unless you don’t have a problem with silver fish, I recommend you don’t live there. My room was filled with silverfish and when I tried to report it nothing was done about it. The staff appear nice at first but when I had an issue they weren’t helpful at all. It’s a shame because the place has potential l, if only they kept it clean and SILVERFISH CLEAN.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous152
I stayed at student lodge radford this year and I can honestly say if you’re thinking about living there, be careful. I wasn’t told that the accommodation itself was in a red light district. Also, there’s only the L12 that goes to Uni unless you manage to make a friend at spc and they can get you a card for the United bus. I always got the tram because the L12 was always late and not that frequent. On top of that, Yh it looks really nice and the people that live there are nice but unless you don’t have a problem with silver fish, I recommend you don’t live there. My room was filled with silverfish and when I tried to report it nothing was done about it. The staff appear nice at first but when I had an issue they weren’t helpful at all. It’s a shame because the place has potential l, if only they kept it clean and SILVERFISH CLEAN.

Hi, im also moving into radford student lodge this year. Its a little scary hearing about the silverfish problem lol. Its my first time living in student lodge so I wasnt aware of it before booking.
Im Not sure whether the whole building is affected but I had a studio flat and they were everywhere it was disgusting. Worse case is go and speak to the management if you have this issue too. Most of the times they never do anything but if you go higher up they deffo will. On my last day I met the guy who actually owns the buildings and he was extremely helpful, way more than the people at reception. I’m sorry idk his name but good luck for next year. :smile:)
Original post by Netny123
Hi, im also moving into radford student lodge this year. Its a little scary hearing about the silverfish problem lol. Its my first time living in student lodge so I wasnt aware of it before booking.

Hi, I'm also moving into student lodge radford this year and hope it is clean 😬 Are you first year?
Original post by Sanjanaxo
Hi, I'm also moving into student lodge radford this year and hope it is clean 😬 Are you first year?

Hi, do you know which flat youre moving into? And im second year, what about you?
Original post by Sanjanaxo

Hey,

I'm moving into student lodge Radford next year and wondered how your experience was. Was there any silverfish? Would you recommend it?
hey! im also moving to radford road for sept 2020. i only know im on the second floor and its URB5 room 12
(edited 3 years ago)
How was it I’m moving there this year