The Student Room Group
University of London
London

Welcome to our forum!

Thanks for visiting the University of London International Programmes forum!

We are here to answer any questions you may have about studying for a University of London degree by distance and flexible learning.

We'd also love to know more about you, so here are a few questions to get you started:

- What are you applying for (or currently studying)?
- Where are you from?
- Are you planning to study independently or take classes at one of our network of teaching institutions?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I am very interesting in studying a BSc in Accounting and Finance with yourself, and would like to complete this by studying independently in the West Midlands. I have had trouble finding out the entry requirements. Could you help me with this please? I have completed my AS levels, however, they are not in related subjects to the degree as I completed them a few years ago and I did not continue into the second year. Unfortunately, the CHESS course is not an option for me as I am only able to complete my degree independently, so I wanted to see if studying with your university is an option for me.

Thanks!
University of London
London
Hi @Nindann13, thanks for your message and interest in studying with us! I have had a chat with my colleague in admissions, and it would be really useful if you could PM me a bit more information on grades and subjects with your AS levels and also your GCSEs? As we look at applications case by case, more info on qualifications or experience would be helpful to know about :smile:
Hypothetically if somebody started doing economics, could they later transfer to economics and maths?
Hi @Llamageddon! I have spoken with the admissions team and they normally look at this case-by-case. They said that providing you meet the requirements for the Economics and Maths programme, you should then be able to transfer. :smile: Does that help?
Original post by University of London International Programmes
Hi @Llamageddon! I have spoken with the admissions team and they normally look at this case-by-case. They said that providing you meet the requirements for the Economics and Maths programme, you should then be able to transfer. :smile: Does that help?
yes - though I guess there's a caveat to the question I guess. Is it complicated by having to g
o from graduate entry to non-graduate entry?
Hi @Llamageddon

Transfers will often depend on what stage you are at in your studies, so moving from a graduate entry programme to non-graduate entry route may also depend on what modules you have selected and completed.

If you have started your studies and then wish to transfer to another programme, our Registry Office will outline the available options to you for you to then make an informed decision about your wish to transfer. Each request will be looked at thoroughly to try and help you successfully transfer to your new choice of programme :smile:
Heya!

I am taking Politics and International Relations from Indonesia. I have a full time job and I'm married with 2 young kids so time management is crazy. I only have time to study 1 or 2 courses each year. Hopefully I can finish the program within the allotted 8 years ^^
Hey @reyjusuf! Wow, you are doing great with a full time job and 2 young kids, well done! :smile: When did you start the programme? And is this something for personal interest or does it relate to your work?
Hey @reyjusuf! Wow, you are doing great with a full time job and 2 young kids, well done! :smile: When did you start the programme? And is this something for personal interest or does it relate to your work?

I started in 2013 so this is my fourth year of eligibility. I just took my 5th and 6th exam this week. This is mainly a personal interest but I do have an interest to get into non-profit or government activities in the future.
Hope your exams went well! You're halfway there now :smile:. Have you ever read the student blog posts by Michael? He studied for the BSc Politics and International Relations over several years, while juggling fatherhood and a music career. You can see his posts here.
Yay. Passed both ^^. 6 to go. lol.
Hey there,

I just wanted to double check that the Mathematics and Economics BSc will still be available in the Autumn of 2018?

I am currently enrolled on an A-level course in Mathematics, aiming to take my exams in May/June and then start studying with UoL next Autumn (2018).
Reply 13
Hi, I wanted to take the BA in English with a minor in Philosophy. May I know how much support there is for this course? On the website it says that we can submit essays for feedback, and I just wanted to get more information about this. Also, are we allowed to get the study guides before the start of the year in October?
I finally took my 12th and final exam today! I'm 99.99999% sure I got the results I need to get my degree.
Hope your exams went well! You're halfway there now :smile:. Have you ever read the student blog posts by Michael? He studied for the BSc Politics and International Relations over several years, while juggling fatherhood and a music career. You can see his posts here.
I got my award ^^ BSc Politics and International Relations, Second Class Upper ^^. Took me 6 years, 6500 GBP spent while holding a full time job and married with two kids ^^
Reply 16
Good evening
I am very interested in International Relations / International Development program at LSE program online. As a current undergraduate student I wanted to ask you something about admission
Although a lot of informations are posted on LSE website I couldn't find something that bothers me very much
Do you need recommendation letters and high GPA (2.1) for Distance learning or not
Reply 17
Original post by reyjusuf
I got my award ^^ BSc Politics and International Relations, Second Class Upper ^^. Took me 6 years, 6500 GBP spent while holding a full time job and married with two kids ^^

that is inspiring!
I am planning to study the same subject, BSc Politics and International Relations. I submitted my application form and still waiting for the decision.

btw I am married with 1 yr old and feeling super excited to study politics.

hopefully, I will get the offer...
Transcript and certificate sent yesterday, which is about 3 months after I got the award.

Edit: I have received them! They're so pretty!
(edited 4 years ago)
"In some countries, qualifications earned by distance and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register, even if you plan to receive support from a local teaching institution"

Hello I'm speaking from Peru, what I quoted you means that the Bsc diploma appears that the degree was obtained online? Keep in mind that in Peru recognizes the degrees earned in the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending