The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 6 (WPH06) 18 May, 2017 Official Thread

Surprising I haven't found any threads for this yet, let this be the official thread.

Please post your study resources and questions!
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RizK
Surprising I haven't found any threads for this yet, let this be the official thread.

Please post your study resources and questions!

Hi there, I think the reason is people generally find unit 6 much easier than unit 3 so long as you know how to calculate percentage uncertainties, you don't really have to know any experiment even unlike unit 3:smile: But thanks for creating this thread
Reply 2
Original post by Mesuteyezil
Hi there, I think the reason is people generally find unit 6 much easier than unit 3 so long as you know how to calculate percentage uncertainties, you don't really have to know any experiment even unlike unit 3:smile: But thanks for creating this thread

hey :smile:
There are a few more things to be studied, and there were threads in the previous years! I'm actually repeating this unit, lol.
Reply 3
unit 6 is on 18th May, Thursday
Reply 4
Original post by Elaria
unit 6 is on 18th May, Thursday

whoops, yeah. This thread is going to give some people anxiety attacks lol

edit: fixed :smile:)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by RizK
whoops, yeah. This thread is going to give some people anxiety attacks lol

edit: fixed :smile:)

it gave me one hehehe i had to go and check again lol
Reply 6
Original post by Elaria
it gave me one hehehe i had to go and check again lol

welp, thanks for letting me know!

how goes revision for this unit?
Hey guys, When you find the uncertainty in your measurements do you use the range or half the range. I can't seem to get it right on papers and the mark scheme always has the opposite of what I did. Any tips?
Hey ! Do we need to draw a kink on the scale of the graph if we are using a broken scale for the graph ?
Original post by Banatochan
Hey guys, When you find the uncertainty in your measurements do you use the range or half the range. I can't seem to get it right on papers and the mark scheme always has the opposite of what I did. Any tips?

MS accepts both half and full range but it's better to use half range
Reply 10
Original post by tanisharochwani
Hey ! Do we need to draw a kink on the scale of the graph if we are using a broken scale for the graph ?

yep.

do we have to draw error bars?
Original post by RizK
yep.

do we have to draw error bars?

Thanks!

Nope I haven't seen any paper where they wanted error bars
Reply 12
Original post by tanisharochwani
Thanks!

Nope I haven't seen any paper where they wanted error bars

true that, however its seen that error bars are something new you learn in A2.
just curious.
Reply 13
Hey does anyone have unit 6 and unit 3 experiments 😅I would really appreciate it ✌🏼
Reply 14
Original post by Sulzaae
Hey does anyone have unit 6 and unit 3 experiments 😅I would really appreciate it ✌🏼

attached for unit 6 :smile:
though its important you learn your sources of uncertainty, safety etc from these i guess, usually we get questions from something completely unexpected. Like the rate of change of temperature of oil, thermistors, etc. Not even in our syllabus!
Reply 16

Best of luck mate ❤️
Reply 17
Original post by RizK
welp, thanks for letting me know!

how goes revision for this unit?

so good so far how about you?
Anybody doing chemistry uni6 on 16th may?
cant find the thread

Quick Reply

Latest