The Student Room Group

Year 10 mock exam science HARDEST EXAM EVER!!!!!

Hi everyone,

Not sure whether everyone's done their mock science so let's NOT mention any questions that came up if you did the AQA exam board released paper. Just wanted some reactions on it as the whole of my year walked out of the exam thinking what the hell just happened here! I had my exam today and we did the higher paper.

Would be good to see what other people thought of it:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No they were so easy
Original post by Sabz152
Hi everyone,

Not sure whether everyone's done their mock science so let's NOT mention any questions that came up if you did the AQA exam board released paper. Just wanted some reactions on it as the whole of my year walked out of the exam thinking what the hell just happened here! I had my exam today and we did the higher paper.

Would you mind sending topics that showed up? I'm in Yr9 btw so it won't be any spoilers.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Really? Did you do foundation or higher tier? Also did you do the trilogy paper or separate science papers?

Original post by Leave.EU
No they were so easy
lol
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by sxhxl
Please tell me them!! I have my mocks next week and literally know nothing and I'm genuinely about to break down. My parents expect me to get at least 7's and it's stressing me as my school is so bad

As the cliche phrase goes; you will only be cheating yourself. Mocks are a good way to practice, revise as much as you can and see how well you do. If you fail, then so be it. It is just mocks, It only really matters to you, It's for you to see how much you need to improve. By cheating on it, you are kinda just harming yourself.
Freesciencelessons have some good videos. If you cannot revise all the content by mocks, dont panic too much as it is not the real thing. It will tell you that you need to revise more and revise earlier for the real thing.
By cheating not only are you lying to your parents, you are also harming yourself. If your parents do get upset at bad grades, It's understandable for you and them to both be upset, but just tell them you are sorry and will work harder for the real thing.

This is only mocks. Try not to cheat.
lol
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by sxhxl
I'd rather cheat on my mocks though, as they are not important but my parents take them seriously. I have my biology on Monday, physics Thursday and chemistry Friday! Our teachers are completely horrendous, the cgp books contain too much information we don't need and the YouTube videos don't have the new biology spec. I have no idea how I'm going to be capable of pleasing my parents when my exams are on Monday and we only got told what to revise for all 11 exams last week!

Google around for them, they're normally posted on other sites. If it's not, them I'm afraid you're out of luck.

If you insist on "cheating", at least do the paper honestly beforehand, so you can get something out of it. Otherwise, you're just wasting your time.
Original post by _gcx
Google around for them, they're normally posted on other sites. If it's not, them I'm afraid you're out of luck.

If you insist on "cheating", at least do the paper honestly beforehand, so you can get something out of it. Otherwise, you're just wasting your time.

What I was planning on doing
Reply 9
haha tbh I found the papers fairly hard too, not many people got over 50% in the exam :frown:
Reply 10
according to my teachers the national average was 30%
Reply 11
Original post by nuhaaaa
according to my teachers the national average was 30%

your teacher is right, unfortunately. hopefully AQA will review the results and hopefully make the final GCSE easier.
Reply 12
Year 10 mocks? News to me!
Original post by Sabz152
Hi everyone,

Im in Year 10 too and we do mocks in November! Why so early!?!?
Reply 14
Really! We did mocks at the end of year. Maybe you'll do two sets of mocks. We have our year 11 mocks in November...
Original post by A.N123
Im in Year 10 too and we do mocks in November! Why so early!?!?
Original post by Sabz152
Really! We did mocks at the end of year. Maybe you'll do two sets of mocks. We have our year 11 mocks in November...

They shouldn't be giving you your Year 11 mocks in Year 10...its called Yr11 mocks for a reason lol. When you say you did your mocks at the end of the year do you mean year 9 since year we havent finished year 10 yet. Yh and we do two sets of mocks, one in November and one in June. Good luck Xxxxxx
Reply 16
I'm in year 11, lol! So I'm doing the year 11 mocks in two months time. I was saying that when I was in year 10 I had my mocks in July. Good luck and revise wellxxxxx
Original post by A.N123
They shouldn't be giving you your Year 11 mocks in Year 10...its called Yr11 mocks for a reason lol. When you say you did your mocks at the end of the year do you mean year 9 since year we havent finished year 10 yet. Yh and we do two sets of mocks, one in November and one in June. Good luck Xxxxxx
Original post by Sabz152
I'm in year 11, lol! So I'm doing the year 11 mocks in two months time. I was saying that when I was in year 10 I had my mocks in July. Good luck and revise wellxxxxx

Ohhhhhh i thought it was a new post! Silly me! Good luck in Gcse's!
Reply 18
Original post by Sabz152
Hi everyone,

Try using resources like MyGCSEScience (you will need to pay for the other videos and resources), FreeScienceLessons and just ask your teacher for help. :smile:
Reply 19
FreeScienceLessons are the best learning things known to man.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending