The Student Room Group

Would you rather be really smart or really beautiful/handsome

which would you prefer and why?

Scroll to see replies

I'd rather be really smart. It's all about the moneyyyyyyy
Both. You can be good looking and intelligent, i know a lot of people who are...
I don't understand questions like this :lol:
Smart
Original post by Fermion.
I'd rather be really smart. It's all about the moneyyyyyyy

But if you were really beautiful you could find a rich man to marry and there we go
Reply 5
I'm already both, why would I just choose one? Where's the logic?
Really smart. I value education and intelligence highly but if I was really ugly I can always fix my face if my smartness brings me into a lot of money.
Really handsome because I feel that intelligence is something you can work hard to improve.
I'm already smart enough and I wouldn't say I'm ugly by any means. Most of my appearance problems are things that I could change about myself but just cba. Don't think I'm totally set though, I have plenty of problems like everyone else. Being super poor and my house being pretty grotty for one XD.
Reply 9
Really smart because how I'm I going to get a well paid job without no brains just a pretty face 🤔.
Original post by samerf
Really smart because how I'm I going to get a well paid job without no brains just a pretty face 🤔.

victoria secret model?
Being smart rather than being beautiful lol. Eventually your look will fade however your intelligence will stay forever.:smile:
Looks fade with age. But if you are smart, that won't change. x
Looks most definitely.

Looks can help you find employment and I'm not just talking about modelling jobs, then there is the possibility of marrying a girl from a wealthy background, but for me the real clincher is how much the idea of having sex with a woman who is not physically attracted to me sounds like death.
Reply 14
If you're not bluepilled the answer is very obvious.
I'm honestly not very bothered about my appearance, I would undoubtedly opt with high intelligence.
Reply 16
Original post by Miss tiara
Both. You can be good looking and intelligent, i know a lot of people who are...
I don't understand questions like this :lol:

No one said you can't. The question is about which is more important to you...
Original post by Jirga
If you're not bluepilled the answer is very obvious.

>A*A*A* at A level

>First from an RG university

>Top graduate program

>fall in love with a beautiful girl

>marry the love of your life

>work 60 hours per week to support her exuberant lifestyle

>she spends her days as a lady of leisure with the girl crew

>you sacrificed the best years of your life and only just scraped 6 figures now you're 30

>she still never looks at you like she looks at the young waiters serving you in the restaurant
Reply 18
Original post by l'etranger
>A*A*A* at A level

>First from an RG university

>Top graduate program

>fall in love with a beautiful girl

>marry the love of your life

>work 60 hours per week to support her exuberant lifestyle

>she spends her days as a lady of leisure with the girl crew

>you sacrificed the best years of your life and only just scraped 6 figures now you're 30

>she still never looks at you like she looks at the young waiters serving you in the restaurant

jfl @ all the tsr responses. Although I would've said the same if I was asked this just 2 years ago
Reply 19
Smart, because I will be smart enough to have the ability to know what people think of as handsome and make myself handsome and smart. Two birds with one stone.

Quick Reply

Latest