The Student Room Group

Would you rather be really smart or really beautiful/handsome

Scroll to see replies

If I was so hot that I could monetise it and then also be so stupid that I never realised I was stupid I think that would be ideal.

I'd be pretty rich and get all hot chics!

Right now I am mediocre in looks and pretty intelligent but not a genius!

It's all very average.
Original post by Seamus123
Looks fade with age. But if you are smart, that won't change. x

Intelligence does fade just at a significantly slower pace.
Original post by l'etranger
>A*A*A* at A level

>First from an RG university

>Top graduate program

>fall in love with a beautiful girl

>marry the love of your life

>work 60 hours per week to support her exuberant lifestyle

>she spends her days as a lady of leisure with the girl crew

>you sacrificed the best years of your life and only just scraped 6 figures now you're 30

>she still never looks at you like she looks at the young waiters serving you in the restaurant

What you on about? Implying actually spending some time and doing good in your studies means you've wasted your best years? Nah bro it's not as black and white as that.
Original post by The_Mediocre_One

Well, for me at my age, I've never been pretty so it's not a problem for me. But as far as intelligence goes, I never thought I was intelligent because as a child, I was told I was stupid, but as I've got older, I've realized how intelligent I am, especially since being at uni, so I would rather have the intelligence, because I value it the most, as I spent a lot of years thinking I wasn't. Of course, I was told I was ugly too, but that didn't bother me as I knew I was no oil painting anyway. x
Well Im both already so....:tongue:
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous
Well Im both already so....:tongue:

but why anon :smile:
Thank goodness I am already both.
Original post by Jirga
jfl @ all the tsr responses. Although I would've said the same if I was asked this just 2 years ago

I don't understand even why people here think that going to work every day like a normie makes you rich, but seducing some girl whose stupid father did all that and married her vapid mother is a bad idea.
Original post by Seamus123
Well, for me at my age, I've never been pretty so it's not a problem for me. But as far as intelligence goes, I never thought I was intelligent because as a child, I was told I was stupid, but as I've got older, I've realized how intelligent I am, especially since being at uni, so I would rather have the intelligence, because I value it the most, as I spent a lot of years thinking I wasn't. Of course, I was told I was ugly too, but that didn't bother me as I knew I was no oil painting anyway. x

I said it all with a little tongue in cheek!

I'd never really give up intelligence just to seek better looks.
Original post by The_Mediocre_One

Actually it goes very fast. Mathematicians and computer scientists badly go to **** after the age of around 30, most jobs don't actually require hard academic capacity which is why you move on to management before you become too senile to compete with the youngens.
Would rather be smart, as I am handsome enough. Enough to feel good with my look.
Be smart.
I am handsome already. :smile:

But if you meant rather be ugly and smart then yes I would still choose smart.
really smart and ugly
Being smart because knowledge unlocks many doors and some people don't care about looks they care about how you are.
You make a fair point
Original post by l'etranger
Looks most definitely.

Looks can help you find employment and I'm not just talking about modelling jobs, then there is the possibility of marrying a girl from a wealthy background, but for me the real clincher is how much the idea of having sex with a woman who is not physically attracted to me sounds like death.
Original post by Mo3yman
Be smart.
I am handsome already. :smile:
(...)

I appreciate that you have the same self-confidence like me. :smile:

Original post by TheAlchemistress
Being smart because knowledge unlocks many doors and some people don't care about looks they care about how you are.

Unlock doors, fine and dandy. But what if someone does not want to walk through one of them?
glad i dont have to choose since im both:u:
Being intelligent isn't automatically going to get you anywhere. I know some dumb people who make a lot of money because they're business-savvy, just like I know some really intelligent people who aren't anywhere in life because they don't have the interpersonal skills or drive to do so. Likewise, there's a lot of proof that being good looking can get you ahead in life or at least picked over someone with equal qualifications and traits. There's a lot of work out there too that's based on looking good.

Either way, those feels when you're both already :u:
Original post by Kallisto
I appreciate that you have the same self-confidence like me. :smile:

Unlock doors, fine and dandy. But what if someone does not want to walk through one of them?

Then that's their choice, not my problem.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Then that's their choice, not my problem.

Can't disagree with you, that is right. It was just a remark by myself. Opened doors may the same like closed ones.

Quick Reply

Latest