The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ahmed jewel
Where you starting?

East Kilbride
Original post by Carmen1999
Does anyone has a situation that the starting month earlier than what hmrc mentioned in the provisional offer email?

No! 😱😱😱
Original post by anisajazz
Yes you cant get it you are totally trained but ypu can build it by cuming early leaving late taking a shorter break.then say you have built up 8hrs you can take a random day off but you have to request it.

That's cool thanks so much Anisa!
Original post by Victoriamj
Checks have all been received with nothing further required since 13/4. I emailed on 27/4 and called on 2/5 regarding an update and still nothing. What else can I do 🤷🏽*♀️

Same me but since 30/3. Beyond a joke!!!!!!
Original post by Rhonddaguy
Same me but since 30/3. Beyond a joke!!!!!!

Oh god you must be losing your mind, I most certainly am! It doesn't even seem worth calling or emailing as they basically say 'we'll get to your file' but in not so many words
Had my OH meeting today, turns out my disciplinary won't actually be an issue. They seemed quite shocked that I had been put on a disciplinary for recovering from surgery, with a sick note.

So, hopefully just waiting on my formal offer now
Original post by Steve8
Had my OH meeting today, turns out my disciplinary won't actually be an issue. They seemed quite shocked that I had been put on a disciplinary for recovering from surgery, with a sick note.

So, hopefully just waiting on my formal offer now

Great stuff! Congratulations!!!
Oh god you must be losing your mind, I most certainly am! It doesn't even seem worth calling or emailing as they basically say 'we'll get to your file' but in not so many words

A li6ttle progress.
I had an email from a contact in HMRC asking if I had heard anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He said they were waiting for a response from Manpower re PECs
I phoned Manpower and told them that I had received an email on 31/3 saying PECs in order and await a starting date from HMRC
They said they were surprised that I had received such an email as there had been an issue with my pension which is now resolved
They said things should move quickly now. I will wait and see. Its been 42 days since the last contact so I am not holding my breath.
THE NUMBER I RANG IS 01895 204582 and was answered very quickly. Just as well as I am on holiday until next week.
Give them a ring. They have a tracking system and will update you.
Original post by Rhonddaguy
A li6ttle progress.
I had an email from a contact in HMRC asking if I had heard anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He said they were waiting for a response from Manpower re PECs
I phoned Manpower and told them that I had received an email on 31/3 saying PECs in order and await a starting date from HMRC
They said they were surprised that I had received such an email as there had been an issue with my pension which is now resolved
They said things should move quickly now. I will wait and see. Its been 42 days since the last contact so I am not holding my breath.
THE NUMBER I RANG IS 01895 204582 and was answered very quickly. Just as well as I am on holiday until next week.
Give them a ring. They have a tracking system and will update you.

Oh that's good news! Fingers crossed for you.
That's the number I called last week so who even knows 🤷🏽*♀️
The amount of maths you do feels like im back at school lol

U still waiting for a formal for bradford I start on the 5th u should give them a call and push them that's what I did

Is there anyone got job in Salford Manchester?

Oh dear God!!😩
Original post by Nas08
U still waiting for a formal for bradford I start on the 5th u should give them a call and push them that's what I did

Yep and I received my provisional on the same day as you. I've called once already and emailed twice

Thanks. Fingers crossed for you
Original post by Ahmed jewel
Is there anyone got job in Salford Manchester?

I do, start on 19th June 😩
Original post by Noellaah
I do, start on 19th June 😩

Iam 22nd may
Need advice asap! My partner has got a job at dwp on health declaration would he need to put his back problem as he has had time off with it with his current job.also what is the process if he does .will they ask his employer how many sick days he had off
Need advice asap! My partner has got a job at dwp on health declaration would he need to put his back problem as he has had time off with it with his current job.also what is the process if he does .will they ask his employer how many sick days he had off

Best bet is to be entirely honest. It would be worse if he left it out, and it came up later and cost him the job. They're generally understanding, if it was an issue but has been fixed then it's typically a non-issue; if it is still an issue, then as long as he's controlling it - it's also fine.

Employers general give the bare bones of information; length of service, job title and wage. They can request further information from the employer, but this would require a freedom of information request, which is unlikely to happen.
Original post by Steve8
Best bet is to be entirely honest. It would be worse if he left it out, and it came up later and cost him the job. They're generally understanding, if it was an issue but has been fixed then it's typically a non-issue; if it is still an issue, then as long as he's controlling it - it's also fine.

Employers general give the bare bones of information; length of service, job title and wage. They can request further information from the employer, but this would require a freedom of information request, which is unlikely to happen.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending