The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

To those applying to Oxbridge

What grade do you have or need to achieve to be successful in getting a place at Oxbridge? It would also be helpful to know what course you have applied for too.

Just curious.
Original post by Voi
What grade do you have or need to achieve to be successful in getting a place at Oxbridge? It would also be helpful to know what course you have applied for too.

Just curious.

I have a conditional offer for Cambridge (MPhil in Advanced Computer Science), and I need to get a First on my undegrad. Which translates to a 100% in the Italian system.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Original post by capplicant
I have a conditional offer for Cambridge (MPhil in Advanced Computer Science), and I need to get a First on my undegrad. Which translates to a 100% in the Italian system.

Did they ask for a particular mark or just a 'first' I.e. 70+? What did you get in your first and second year?
Original post by Voi
Did they ask for a particular mark or just a 'first' I.e. 70+? What did you get in your first and second year?

In the condition they clearly state the mark they want me to achieve. It basically says "Italian First" and "You must achieve a mark of at least 110/110 in your degree". I have a steady first (110 in the italian system) from my first year.

I think they always ask for a specific mark, but I am not sure of that. I have heard other people being asked "67" for example.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending