Automatic lessons - How many hours of driving lessons did you have?

Watch
squirrology
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm planning to take automatic driving lessons during the summer (Late June to Early September) so ideally, I would like to pass within 3/4 months before I go to University although it's probably unlikely. I'm planning to get a 10-hour block lesson then afterwards have 1-hour lessons every week.

I've heard that Automatic lessons are supposedly "easier" to learn which implies that it is somewhat quicker to get to test standard, so I'm wondering:

How many hours of driving lessons did you have till you passed your driving test/reach test standard?

Spoiler:
Show

I've already made the decision to do Automatic lessons, nothing will change my mind, I've done extensive research and I feel as though Automatic lessons are suited for me + non of my family or friends even drive Manuals besides my Dad lool.

cherryred90s
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by squirrology)
I'm planning to take automatic driving lessons during the summer (Late June to Early September) so ideally, I would like to pass within 3/4 months before I go to University although it's probably unlikely. I'm planning to get a 10-hour block lesson then afterwards have 1-hour lessons every week.

I've heard that Automatic lessons are supposedly "easier" to learn which implies that it is somewhat quicker to get to test standard, so I'm wondering:

How many hours of driving lessons did you have till you passed your driving test/reach test standard?

Spoiler:
Show

I've already made the decision to do Automatic lessons, nothing will change my mind, I've done extensive research and I feel as though Automatic lessons are suited for me + non of my family or friends even drive Manuals besides my Dad lool.

Whilst auto's are supposedly easier, I don't think the time taken to learn is really that different, because driving is about so much more than just clutch control. My friend who's passed in an automatic took 30 hours which is sort of average, but it of course depends on how quickly you pick it up.

I know you've said that you've made your mind up but I think you should at least try a manual before deciding. My whole fam drove automatic so I was planning to learn automatic if I struggled too much with manual, but it turned out to be absolutely fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (692)
33.81%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (873)
42.65%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (390)
19.05%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.49%

Watched Threads