The Student Room Group

Edexcel Economics A 2017 predictions

Does anyone have any question predictions for theme 1 and 2?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kaldrogo123

Hey there. I'm not sure if you've looked here already but you may be able to find your exam board in the directory (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4645234) and perhaps people on there may be able to offer you their suggestions :smile:

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by kaldrogo123

Are you ready for the exam ? What do you think might come up ?
Im doing edexcel economics A for AS level as well and I'm self studying it. I am not sure how to prepare since theres only 1 past paper for reference as well due to the new spec :frown: Any tips would be much appreciated !
Original post by bubbletea1899
Im doing edexcel economics A for AS level as well and I'm self studying it. I am not sure how to prepare since theres only 1 past paper for reference as well due to the new spec :frown: Any tips would be much appreciated !

Have you tried the specimen / June 2016 ? Also econplusdal on youtube is amazing he goes through everything so well !! :smile:
I'm also doing the AS and im so scared i hope the exam goes well
Original post by nisha.sri
Have you tried the specimen / June 2016 ? Also econplusdal on youtube is amazing he goes through everything so well !! :smile:
I'm also doing the AS and im so scared i hope the exam goes well

alright, thank you so much !!! the exam is so close, i hope its not too hard !!!
Original post by bubbletea1899
alright, thank you so much !!! the exam is so close, i hope its not too hard !!!

Same i hope it goes well x
Reply 7
You wont be getting any beautiful questions like the one we had on 2008 monetary and fiscal policy in paper 2 last year :tongue:

Hopefully you get something near - i think there'll be a 20 on monetary or fiscal (maybe both if you're lucky!) in paper 2.
Original post by zayn008
You wont be getting any beautiful questions like the one we had on 2008 monetary and fiscal policy in paper 2 last year :tongue:

Hopefully you get something near - i think there'll be a 20 on monetary or fiscal (maybe both if you're lucky!) in paper 2.

What about paper 1 ? :redface:
Reply 9
Original post by nisha.sri
What about paper 1 ? :redface:

Your guess is as good as mine… learn the basics and you're good to go. Elasticises, externalities, consumer & procure surplus, market failures and government intervention… those are usually always the main types of questions and if they aren't they make good evaluation points, so you'll be prepared for whatever comes up! I have a feeling something on oil prices or energy will come up - hopefully that's for a-level tho :tongue: but I have a strong feeling it'll come up in either AS Paper 1, AL paper 1 or AL paper 3
20 Marker for Micro is bound to be on Market failure and Gov intervention. e.g. public goods and free rider problem (state provision to solve this). Problems with merit and demerit goods (taxation and subsidies for e.g.) Revise all the gov intervention methods. Use the 2016/spec paper to make a plan on both 20 Mark questions that were given (something similar may come up). Use the mark scheme to plan also. Good luck for Monday!
hi guys is this for the 2017 edexcel Economics A paper tomorrow for the AS year?????? How are you guys feeling
Original post by daveman0161
hi guys is this for the 2017 edexcel Economics A paper tomorrow for the AS year?????? How are you guys feeling

I'm feeling a little nervous and unprepared bro
Original post by youngsuarez
I'm feeling a little nervous and unprepared bro

Aha not to worry I'm sure you will do remarkable, good luck out there!
So what was on the paper
Reply 15
Is there anyone going into Edexcel Unit 2 macroeconomic performance and policy paper ? What do you guys think the questions will be about ?
What was on the AS papers :tongue: and how did they go?

Hoping for a chance of A Level predictions on here now...... the synoptic paper is going to end me....
Original post by vocaloid
What was on the AS papers :tongue: and how did they go?

Hoping for a chance of A Level predictions on here now...... the synoptic paper is going to end me....

It was good, first paper was about cigarette, e-cigs that sort of thing and how the govt intervenes. 2nd paper was about economic growth, productivity current account deficit
anyone got their hands on the macro paper yet?
Reply 19
Original post by truthteller0110
It was good, first paper was about cigarette, e-cigs that sort of thing and how the govt intervenes. 2nd paper was about economic growth, productivity current account deficit

thank you!!!!! you are a G-O-D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending