The Student Room Group

I have the 2016 AS AQA law paper

Using this I can kind of predict what won't come up this year, but does anyone have predictions as to what might??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am doing my law exams next week too, which topics are you doing? Do you feel confident? X
Original post by Skye.16
I am doing my law exams next week too, which topics are you doing? Do you feel confident? X

hey, which topics are you doing for unit 1?

i am doing parliamentary law-making, delegated legislation and criminal courts&lay people! i feel confident on parliamentary law-making and DL but not so much on my last one as i have just switched from ADR!

for unit 2, i just keep reading my notes and hoping for the best!
Reply 3
I'm doing Statutory Interpretation, Judical Precedent and Criminal Courts and Lay People. JP is the one I am most confident in.

I am too worried about getting unit one done to worry about unit 2!

Good Luck for yours! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skye.16
I'm doing Statutory Interpretation, Judical Precedent and Criminal Courts and Lay People. JP is the one I am most confident in.

I am too worried about getting unit one done to worry about unit 2!

Good Luck for yours! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thanks, good luck!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I've been teaching myself this course so I've had no teacher, how come you're only learning certain topics for unit 1? Have I put too much pressure on myself trying to learn all of unit 1?
I'm also really scared I won't remember all the cases needed! any tips?? thank you! x
Reply 6
Original post by chloec16
I've been teaching myself this course so I've had no teacher, how come you're only learning certain topics for unit 1? Have I put too much pressure on myself trying to learn all of unit 1?
I'm also really scared I won't remember all the cases needed! any tips?? thank you! x

We're only covering 3 since we get to choose which to do in the exam. how have you managed to cover all???
Reply 7
Original post by ymne
We're only covering 3 since we get to choose which to do in the exam. how have you managed to cover all???

Massively underconfident in all of them won't lie. Going to be cramming now for which ones to choose hahaha. Teaching myself has left me so unprepared! (This has been alongside other A levels at school too). I got the course folder and textbook when i started it and I've been working through the spec as told to by my online tutor, nothing was said about focusing on just 3 :frown:(
Hey guys, I'm sure all of you are so so excited for our exams on the 16th and 19th of May. Yeah? So am I. Anyways just wondered if anyone would like my predictions on Parliamentary law making, delegated legislation and Criminal Courts and Lay People?
Original post by DoctorDan
Hey guys, I'm sure all of you are so so excited for our exams on the 16th and 19th of May. Yeah? So am I. Anyways just wondered if anyone would like my predictions on Parliamentary law making, delegated legislation and Criminal Courts and Lay People?

Me!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DoctorDan

Criminal Courts and Lay people would be very much appreciated!
I hope everyone else exam went well today! Mine didn't unfortunately - I think I'll need to resit. :frown:
Original post by Skye.16
I hope everyone else exam went well today! Mine didn't unfortunately - I think I'll need to resit. :frown:

why?
Original post by Skye.16

Same! It was so hard!!! What sections do you do? I'll probably resit it next year!
Original post by new1234
Same! It was so hard!!! What sections do you do? I'll probably resit it next year!

Statutory Interpretation - which was okay but I don't think my handwriting is legible. Judicial Precedent - which completely threw me as the questions were horrible - and Criminal Courts and Lay people which I struggled with as I couldn't write enough for the work of magistrates or juries. How about you?
Original post by Skye.16
Statutory Interpretation - which was okay but I don't think my handwriting is legible. Judicial Precedent - which completely threw me as the questions were horrible - and Criminal Courts and Lay people which I struggled with as I couldn't write enough for the work of magistrates or juries. How about you?

Delegated legislation, judicial precedent and criminal courts and lay people. What did you write for hierarchy of the civil courts I only learnt the criminal courts so couldn't answer this and guessed. The powers of the court of appeal was so confusing what did you write for that one too?
I barely wrote anything for the work of each I was so shocked they put such similar questions in!!
Such a bad paper.
Original post by new1234
Delegated legislation, judicial precedent and criminal courts and lay people. What did you write for hierarchy of the civil courts I only learnt the criminal courts so couldn't answer this and guessed. The powers of the court of appeal was so confusing what did you write for that one too?
I barely wrote anything for the work of each I was so shocked they put such similar questions in!!
Such a bad paper.

I had the same problem! I put all of the courts apart from the crown court, I wasn't sure if that was right though and I wrote about overruling for the other one. What did you put?
Original post by Skye.16
I had the same problem! I put all of the courts apart from the crown court, I wasn't sure if that was right though and I wrote about overruling for the other one. What did you put?

I put Supreme binds CoA(civil div). CoA binds High. High deals with claims over 50,000 and County deals with claims under 50,000. High binds County. County binds nobody not even themselves. So I left out quite a lot like the magistrates court.

I used the 3 situations outlined in young v bristol aeroplanes.
I put that it doesnt have to follow a supreme court decision if it was made per incuriam. However if a supreme court decision and previous court of appeal decision conflict then they have to follow the supreme court decision. I then talked about how if there are 2 conflicting previous court of appeal decisions they choose one like in Parmenter. I then did distinguishing at the end. I dont think I got many marks for this question though. :/
Original post by new1234
I put Supreme binds CoA(civil div). CoA binds High. High deals with claims over 50,000 and County deals with claims under 50,000. High binds County. County binds nobody not even themselves. So I left out quite a lot like the magistrates court.

I used the 3 situations outlined in young v bristol aeroplanes.
I put that it doesnt have to follow a supreme court decision if it was made per incuriam. However if a supreme court decision and previous court of appeal decision conflict then they have to follow the supreme court decision. I then talked about how if there are 2 conflicting previous court of appeal decisions they choose one like in Parmenter. I then did distinguishing at the end. I dont think I got many marks for this question though. :/

I think thats similar to what I put but we've been taught really differently 😂
Original post by Skye.16
I think thats similar to what I put but we've been taught really differently 😂

What do you mean by that??? Did I put something wrong??????????
:////////

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending