The Student Room Group
Original post by kimberleyrolph
Im teaching myself for the exams as I work full time and I'm re-sitting and I'm beginning to seriously struggle with it all.

If I don't meet the conditional offer of a B what would happen? Will the fill all the spaces with everyone who got a B then start taking those who got a C, D, etc or will they offer any spaces they have left on clearing?

Thank you!

If you do not meet your conditional offer the university can reject you. Sometimes the number of applicants meeting the offer does not reach the number of places available. In that case it is for the university to decide whether to accept applicants on a lower grade or reject them and try to fill those spaces through clearing. If your firm reject you it then goes to your insurance choice who will act as above. If neither feel able to accept you then you will be rejected and can apply through clearing.
Im teaching myself for the exams as I work full time and I'm re-sitting and I'm beginning to seriously struggle with it all.

If I don't meet the conditional offer of a B what would happen? Will the fill all the spaces with everyone who got a B then start taking those who got a C, D, etc or will they offer any spaces they have left on clearing?

Thank you!

They will have a bottom line below which they won't go, so when they have given out places to those who have missed but they are still interested in, they will put the rest into clearing.
Original post by swanseajack1
If you do not meet your conditional offer the university can reject you. Sometimes the number of applicants meeting the offer does not reach the number of places available. In that case it is for the university to decide whether to accept applicants on a lower grade or reject them and try to fill those spaces through clearing. If your firm reject you it then goes to your insurance choice who will act as above. If neither feel able to accept you then you will be rejected and can apply through clearing.

Could I also apply through clearing if they are unable to fill spaces? Or am I automatically going to be rejected?
Reply 4
Could I also apply through clearing if they are unable to fill spaces? Or am I automatically going to be rejected?

If your firm and insurance reject you they won't then accept you through clearing. But other universities might.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A little off subject but if I do end up in clearing do you have any idea if there are many universities that will still offer accommodation in halls?
A little off subject but if I do end up in clearing do you have any idea if there are many universities that will still offer accommodation in halls?

That depends on the university some will have room some wont
Reply 7

Thank you!

did you meet the requirements? and did you get in?
Reply 8
Original post by CHRSXZY
did you meet the requirements? and did you get in?

Please create your own thread and ask about your specific circumstances.

This thread is old and is now locked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending