The Student Room Group

when did you start revising

My exams are starting from this week but I am just curious as to when people started revising for GCSE?

At the moment, I feel like I'm the only one who is a bit chill and starting revision like a week before. I mean... I do revise and I am focused when I do revise but I don't know how people revise like a month before?? I usually forget it all .. I think cramming sometimes works for me. I normally revised like the night before for my mocks and got A/A* and some Bs... (im not being cocky btw).
I started revising in January 2008 for June 2008 GCSE exams, I got 9 A*s 1 A

We are now in 2017, I am doing a PhD in finance.
Original post by wonwoos
My exams are starting from this week but I am just curious as to when people started revising for GCSE?

At the moment, I feel like I'm the only one who is a bit chill and starting revision like a week before. I mean... I do revise and I am focused when I do revise but I don't know how people revise like a month before?? I usually forget it all .. I think cramming sometimes works for me. I normally revised like the night before for my mocks and got A/A* and some Bs... (im not being cocky btw).

2 weeks before
Reply 3
I started revising the subjects i was not as confident with around 1 month before, but that is because i had revision lessons when i had finished the course
I think it shouldnt be a problem when you revise, as long as you know you're prepared for the exam, it shouldnt matter
Reply 4
Original post by ghen_chude_che
I started revising in January 2008 for June 2008 GCSE exams, I got 9 A*s 1 A

We are now in 2017, I am doing a PhD in finance.

Sorry,
i'm starting to revise properly from today and my a level is on wednesday.......:biggrin:
How do you guys leave it so late? I was fully prepared for exams a month before exams. Though granted I did flop my A Levels, but screw it I'm doing what I love right now, robbing wall street.
Reply 7
How do you guys leave it so late? I was fully prepared for exams a month before exams. Though granted I did flop my A Levels, but screw it I'm doing what I love right now, robbing wall street.

idk man... personally, a month seems too much for me. and when i say a week, i mean a whole week of like long hours or focused revision not just like 1 or 2 hours a day. also, procrastination is a huge thing for me and i tend to do well when im under pressure and cramming somehow helps?
and i tend to forget if i revise that early, but i guess that's my fault.

however, i do not think this is the right technique for everyone.
Reply 8
Original post by wonwoos

I started revising in the womb tbh
Reply 9
Original post by imundercover
i'm starting to revise properly from today and my a level is on wednesday.......:biggrin:

okay, that makes me feel somewhat better :')
oh well.. as long as you revise and you still have 4 days worth of hardcore revision?
good luck :smile:
Original post by wonwoos
okay, that makes me feel somewhat better :')
oh well.. as long as you revise and you still have 4 days worth of hardcore revision?
good luck :smile:

well if it makes you feel ever better: that revision i was "doing" today didn't happen....:smile: shsnksks

Posted from TSR Mobile
1-3 Weeks before.
Maths I revised an Hour before. :/
Science I revised months before.

Did better in maths :colonhash:
Reply 12
Usually I revised a few weeks before or less for any given exam. With some it was a matter of days. Well, with Welsh it was a matter of one night.. I got mostly A*s and a couple As.
Reply 13
i crashed like 2-3 days before which occasionally is fine, but wouldn't recommend it because that messed me up in higher english this week

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing what I love right now, robbing wall street.

Can you expand?
never
Hey - I wouldn't worry if you started late. Honestly I started late every year and came out with a really good set of top grades! It's just about making your revision efficient, and effective: writing notes out again and again won't cut it. I made a video about the revision techniques I used (i'm now at uni, LSE), so hopefully it could help you out!
https://youtu.be/5cSyAR9bXAw
I'll be making more revision sort of videos too so let me know what you think or subscribe if you wanna see the others when they come out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest