The Student Room Group

Smoking in the street should be banned.

Why should I have to have someone's cigarette smoke blown in my face if I am walking behind them and potentially inhale some of it?

It's disgusting and rude and shouldn't be allowed to be done in public.

Scroll to see replies

I get what you're trying to say but too much money is made from people buying cigarettes to ban them being used in public
Meh, it's more fun to cough really loudly when you walk past Tesco tramps smoking.
When i inhale it, i feel like i've smoked myself :frown:
Why won't it be banned? The reason is that cigarettes are heavily taxed, and it is a big net source of income for the government. If it was banned in the street, the sale of cigarettes would go down meaning the government would get less revenue, and i think the government care more about that than you simply finding it unpleasant.
Original post by feministy
Meh, it's more fun to cough really loudly when you walk past Tesco tramps smoking.

You have a thing about Tesco tramps lol.
@Good bloke @Dodgypirate

My freedom is being violated because I am being forced to breath second hand smoke. The law says people are allowed to smoke in public but my freedom is being violated! #Oppression #FreedomForNonSmokers
I'd also ban vaping in public places.
Original post by l'etranger
I'd also ban vaping in public places.

yes very true
Original post by EternalLight
Why should I have to have someone's cigarette smoke blown in my face if I am walking behind them and potentially inhale some of it?

I agree with you completely but we all know that they will probably not be banned any time soon
Reply 10
Original post by feministy
meh, it's more fun to cough really loudly when you walk past tesco tramps smoking.

loooooooooooooooooooool
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
You have a thing about Tesco tramps lol.

They all live under bridges
walk slower lol.

ngl when I pass by someone smoking a joint I always inhale deeply lmfao.
Original post by ChickenMadness
walk slower lol.

Ha ha. I don't smoke it anymore but weed still smells nice IMO. Tobacco smells rancid though.
Original post by JamesN88
Ha ha. I don't smoke it anymore but weed still smells nice IMO. Tobacco smells rancid though.

yeeeee. Love that dank weed smell.

And ye cigs are pretty gross.
walk slower lol.

You leech!
yeeeee. Love that dank weed smell.

And ye cigs are pretty gross.

Both smell disgusting in my opinion. Sometimes I walk past someone in public smoking a joint and it stinks!
So ban smoking outside....

Free speech is for everyone, even idiots

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EternalLight

I know it is pretty grim, however if smokers can't smoke in public outside nor inside, they really only have their own house and garden (which not everyone has). So I feel like they'd kick off
Reply 19
Yeah I would agree with banning in streets where there is a high volume of people, other than that where else are we meant to smoke?

Quick Reply

Latest