The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Sociology new 1, 2 & 3: 7192 - 08, 15 & 20 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Hi guys! This is the official thread for discussing the AQA sociology exam in June. How is everyone feeling about it? What topics are you most concerned about?

AQA Sociology 7192 (new linear specification)

Exams

8 June pm 7192/1 Paper 1: Education with Methods in Context 2 hours

15 June pm 7192/2 Paper 2: Research Methods and Topics in Sociology 2 hours

20 June pm 7192/3 Paper 3: Crime and Deviance with Theory and Methods 2 hours

Specification

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/sociology/specifications/AQA-7191-7192-SP-2015.PDF

Specimen papers and mark schemes

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/sociology/as-and-a-level/sociology-7191-7192/assessment-resources

Resources

TSR Resource Library

Sociology Central

250Exams on TSR logo orange.png

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fox Corner
Hi guys! This is the official thread for discussing the AQA sociology exam in June. How is everyone feeling about it? What topics are you most concerned about?

AQA Sociology 7192 (new linear specification)

Exams

8 June pm 7192/1 Paper 1: Education with Methods in Context 2 hours

15 June pm 7192/2 Paper 2: Research Methods and Topics in Sociology 2 hours

20 June pm 7192/3 Paper 3: Crime and Deviance with Theory and Methods 2 hours

Specification

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/sociology/specifications/AQA-7191-7192-SP-2015.PDF

Specimen papers and mark schemes

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/sociology/as-and-a-level/sociology-7191-7192/assessment-resources

Resources

TSR Resource Library

Sociology Central

250Exams on TSR logo orange.png

Every thing but mostly beliefs in society.
If anyone needs some revision materials or new style exam questions I've got those new little student guides with simplified content as well as guides for answering questions / answers for questions too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyadtr
If anyone needs some revision materials or new style exam questions I've got those new little student guides with simplified content as well as guides for answering questions / answers for questions too

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be great.
Here's some questions i put together for the first paper: education with methods in context and theory and methods. structures for questions and example questions
Reply 5
Thanks the resource is quiet useful. DO you have one for family and household+ media

Here's some questions i put together for the first paper: education with methods in context and theory and methods. structures for questions and example questions
Original post by rue24
Thanks the resource is quiet useful. DO you have one for family and household+ media

i can make one for family and households by monday maybe :smile: but i dont do the media unit so i cant do that one sorry
i can make one for family and households by monday maybe :smile: but i dont do the media unit so i cant do that one sorry

How do you revise for sociology , and what have you been doing so far . I am struggling quite a bit .!
Reply 8

This is so useful, thank you! Have you got any for paper 3 (crime)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a major question in relation to mainly the Crime and Deviance exam.

So I've noticed that in the blue sociology textbook, all of the practice questions begin with an 'evaluate sociological explanations of/evaluate the view that...'.

Going back through pastpapers, i've noticed that the majority of questions star with 'assess the functionalist (or whatever) explanations of crime'

Every practice question in the textbook asks to evaluate - never assess. The specimen does this aswell. Does this mean that sociology questions will always ask us to 'evaluate' and never 'assess'?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by LenniesRabbit
I have a major question in relation to mainly the Crime and Deviance exam.

So I've noticed that in the blue sociology textbook, all of the practice questions begin with an 'evaluate sociological explanations of/evaluate the view that...'.

Going back through pastpapers, i've noticed that the majority of questions star with 'assess the functionalist (or whatever) explanations of crime'

Every single practice question in the textbook asks to evaluate - never assess. The specimen does this aswell. I'm wondering whether anyone else has noticed this? Does this mean that all 30 mark sociology questions ill always ask us to 'evaluate' and never 'assess'?

Hope I didn't confuse anyone here :biggrin:

yeah ive noticed that too having a flick through the little revision books...'assess' has been removed from the command words as well so its unlikely they'll ask it by the looks of it...but assess and evaluate basically mean the same thing anyway so it wouldnt matter too much if it does come up randomly haha
Original post by Booklover99
How do you revise for sociology , and what have you been doing so far . I am struggling quite a bit .!

ive just been writing notes up from class and then putting them into powerpoints then writing them out again another 3 times and testing myself with kahoots and quizes (gotta make revision somehow!), recently every night i do revision on last years units..it took me a week of about an hour or two at night to cover education and then another week for families
how about you?
and i know the content is sooo excessive
Original post by elise68
This is so useful, thank you! Have you got any for paper 3 (crime)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i can do a crime one for ya :smile: ill try and get it done for monday
i can do a crime one for ya :smile: ill try and get it done for monday

Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any tips on general essay writing for sociology, because I've been struggling with the structure all year round
What is everyone predicting for they essays this year?
Original post by Sanniabir
What is everyone predicting for they essays this year?

Education and ethnicity.

would you be able to do some for beliefs in society or crime and deviance?
Original post by Booklover99
Education and ethnicity.

Yep i agree ethnicity could come up for education. Or possible state policies.
difficult to predict for crime and deviance though:frown:

You reckon you could make one on crime,family, stratification and differentiation please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending