The Student Room Group

Good AS levels but Bad GCSE

Hi,
I need a realistic and entirely factual opinion on my stance at getting offers from the best Universities.
I have high prospects for 4 As in my AS Levels (Maths, Further Maths, Economics & Psychology)
On the Contrary, my GCSEs were frankly not ideal specifically for Grammar education: 4A*, 5A, 5B.
Looking to apply to Cambridge for 'Economics' and LSE for 'Maths & Economics' as my top ones. Was hoping to get some professional advice on where I stand assuming I attain 4As in my AS Levels but with not so good GCSEs.
ok tsr has officially gone crazy! u all have fantastical amazing perfect stunning well done beautiful grades and u say bad!
Reply 2
Original post by emerald7770
ok tsr has officially gone crazy! u all have fantastical amazing perfect stunning well done beautiful grades and u say bad!

hi, lol, for what people in my school got, i did comparatively worse.
Original post by Adnan1996
hi, lol, for what people in my school got, i did comparatively worse.

hi ok but ur grades are super duper good so dw anyone will get impressed if they heard that
Original post by Adnan1996
Hi,
I need a realistic and entirely factual opinion on my stance at getting offers from the best Universities.
I have high prospects for 4 As in my AS Levels (Maths, Further Maths, Economics & Psychology)
On the Contrary, my GCSEs were frankly not ideal specifically for Grammar education: 4A*, 5A, 5B.
Looking to apply to Cambridge for 'Economics' and LSE for 'Maths & Economics' as my top ones. Was hoping to get some professional advice on where I stand assuming I attain 4As in my AS Levels but with not so good GCSEs.

4 A* 5 As is bad? You have some of the top grades in the country considering the average is C+. Maths and Econ is an obscure course at UCL and has less applicants than straight Econ. There are people on that that only got 1-2 As. You will be fine. At Cambridge, there's a lot of emphasis on the exam and interview. There are people who got 13 A* at GCSE not getting in but and people with MUCH lower that get in from doing exceptionally in the interview and testing stage.

Seriously, your GCSEs are really really good. And with 4As at AS you have nothing stopping you getting into Oxbridge, UCL, LSE etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending