The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:mmm:
So funny
For me, even if I sleep late at nights I automatically wake up at 5 am in the mornings
I can't sleep properly nowadays :sigh:
I hate it!
I have never ever in my whole 18 years of being alive been so f***ING stressed .Like my sanity is holding on by a very thin thread . Iike sometimes i am about to burst into tears and scream at the same time. And the never ending tiredness I hate A levels it's ruined my life.
Hungover
this is getting stupid, gonna go to the doctors for once lol
Headache kicking in :unimpressed:
My back hurts 😳
It's really sunny, makes me want to have a shower but i cant :sad:
Just weak, i am energy-less rn 😧
Tensed
Anxious
Need to relax
*breath*
*you'll be fine*
Should probably sleep
*closes eyes*

Posted from TSR Mobile
My motivation to revise has gone through the floor. I've already done the best past papers, and many subjects have mostly useless papers anyway. I know that I forget material easily and that most of what I do now is pointless anyway. I can't be arsed to do practice questions which are harder than the exams and will never come up in them. I can't be arsed to rote memorise stuff when I know I'll have forgotten it in a few weeks and I always do better memorising things very close to the exam. I feel tired all the time; I can barely focus on anything.
Original post by CoolCavy
thank you :hugs:
same to you :yes:

this is so cute :redface:

PRSOM
Like a stressed ball of nothingness...
this is getting stupid, gonna go to the doctors for once lol

hope your ok :smile:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
My motivation to revise has gone through the floor. I've already done the best past papers, and many subjects have mostly useless papers anyway. I know that I forget material easily and that most of what I do now is pointless anyway. I can't be arsed to do practice questions which are harder than the exams and will never come up in them. I can't be arsed to rote memorise stuff when I know I'll have forgotten it in a few weeks and I always do better memorising things very close to the exam. I feel tired all the time; I can barely focus on anything.

Same, as soon as I realise I've got just enough time left to finish a just about satisfactory amount of revision, I feel perpetually tired and like lying in bed all the time. Probably has something to do with staying up 27 hours straight for no reason a couple of days ago. I just hope that in those 1-3 days before each exam I'll actually be bothered to do one more pass of rote memorising the notes. Just like GCSE/A-Levels. I need that stress to make me revise lol.
We have an excuse though, this really is not the world's most stimulating course, especially considering what the most effective way to perform well in the exams is.
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Same, as soon as I realise I've got just enough time left to finish a just about satisfactory amount of revision, I feel perpetually tired and like lying in bed all the time. Probably has something to do with staying up 27 hours straight for no reason a couple of days ago. I just hope that in those 1-3 days before each exam I'll actually be bothered to do one more pass of rote memorising the notes. Just like GCSE/A-Levels. I need that stress to make me revise lol.
We have an excuse though, this really is not the world's most stimulating course, especially considering what the most effective way to perform well in the exams is.

I can barely even call what I'm doing revision at this point. Most of the time I'm just slumped backwards reading a sentence of the notes every now and then while the majority of the time is just spent watching youtube videos or whatever. Thing is that I obviously read these notes back when I was doing assignments for the course, understood the material in order to do the assignments, and still forgot everything. Admittedly the time until exams is pretty short, but I still don't trust myself to do the bulk of revision for a module a few weeks early and then not have to work just as hard later on anyway, to the point where the initial revision is practically "overwritten". But yeah stress is pretty key. I dunno how people can revise for months. Maybe it's just a matter of a good diet and exercise and all that typical crap, maybe that's the key to motivation. But as you say it's not exactly easy to be motivated for this course. Differentiation is refreshingly challenging in parts but then the challenge is mainly a matter of notation and remembering complicated statements rather than the requirement of any actual creativity.
Holding myself tight
Trying not to break down
I didn't need to be told
That I am hated
Today of all days
Can't stop the sobbing
Struggling to breathe
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I can barely even call what I'm doing revision at this point. Most of the time I'm just slumped backwards reading a sentence of the notes every now and then while the majority of the time is just spent watching youtube videos or whatever. Thing is that I obviously read these notes back when I was doing assignments for the course, understood the material in order to do the assignments, and still forgot everything. Admittedly the time until exams is pretty short, but I still don't trust myself to do the bulk of revision for a module a few weeks early and then not have to work just as hard later on anyway, to the point where the initial revision is practically "overwritten". But yeah stress is pretty key. I dunno how people can revise for months. Maybe it's just a matter of a good diet and exercise and all that typical crap, maybe that's the key to motivation. But as you say it's not exactly easy to be motivated for this course. Differentiation is refreshingly challenging in parts but then the challenge is mainly a matter of notation and remembering complicated statements rather than the requirement of any actual creativity.

Yeah that's how my 'revision' was when reading as well, just reading a bit between watching yt vids/playing chess/while waiting for something to load. I also basically forgot everything from the year; it takes at least 3 passes close to the exam to properly know the stuff. Now it's just fizzled out into simply staring at a page titled 'Analysis II 2015' with '1.(a)' written out. That has been my work for the day. Well I idly made sure I could work out a couple of trivial bookwork Qs in the paper in my head, but that's it. I also just learned that I have 3 days more than I originally thought before exams. Great, now I'm even less stressed and thus even less inclined to put pen to paper. Didn't even bother to attend to the two supervisions last week...
:console:
Oh sis
I'm there for you
No worries
I don't know how you are feeling exactly, but now I feel exactly like how you've described in this post
You are not hated at all :hugs: you care about everyone, but sometimes it happens that when someone is angry, or upset they say they hate you unintentionally. Dont dont mean to. If they hated you, you would hate them too. If you love them, it's for a reason. It's because somewhere in that person's heart, there is a place for you. That's why you love them. And wherever there is a place, there is love :love: just that sometimes, it's hidden.

Dont cry :lovehug: it'll all get better. It's okay, you'll be fine. I LOVE YOU :biggrin:

SMILE :grin: :grin: :grin:
Original post by chelseafreak
hope your ok :smile:

Thank you :hugs:
i legit hate being sick
mentally n physically but dats lyf lol
Thank you :hugs:

:hugs:

Latest