The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Steliata
Oh my god are any of you watching Eurovision 😂😂😂

YES! I watch it every single year. It's been a good one! I loved Portugal so I'm so happy that they won!! :biggrin: Romania and Croatia were so fab tho :') We didn't do too badly either
Original post by SteamboatMickey
YES! I watch it every single year. It's been a good one! I loved Portugal so I'm so happy that they won!! :biggrin: Romania and Croatia were so fab tho :':wink: We didn't do too badly either

well i suppose portugal seem like a politically neutral country, not have pissed off a large amount of europe in sometime and have never won before, so makes sense :wink:
YES! I watch it every single year. It's been a good one! I loved Portugal so I'm so happy that they won!! :biggrin: Romania and Croatia were so fab tho :') We didn't do too badly either

Did you see that Ozzie moon the whole of Europe 😂
Original post by NeverLucky
Ah but is it one that's endorsed or made by me? I don't think so.

Fair, design one so we can check it out :lol: or @SteamboatMickey can do it :tongue: I will #support probably
Original post by wolfmoon88
Fair, design one so we can check it out :lol: or @SteamboatMickey can do it :tongue: I will #support probably

Nah not yet, I'm busy filming my first vlog and designing my own website.
Nah not yet, I'm busy filming my first vlog and designing my own website.

How's that going for you (like the vlog)? Are you coding your own site?
How's that going for you (like the vlog)? Are you coding your own site?

Got pretty muh everything ready. Now I just need to film something :lol: spent ages learning about manual focusing on DSLR cameras lol

Nah, I'm just designing stuff on Photoshop so a couple of years down the line, I can make one with ideas I've already made.
Did you see that Ozzie moon the whole of Europe 😂

Yup 😂😂👌🏻👌🏻
Yup 😂😂👌🏻👌🏻

That MADE MY NIGHT. Along with Graham Norton's occasional cries of 'Oh! Timorrrr!!!' 😂
That MADE MY NIGHT. Along with Graham Norton's occasional cries of 'Oh! Timorrrr!!!' 😂

The yodel rapping made my night 😂
Got pretty muh everything ready. Now I just need to film something :lol: spent ages learning about manual focusing on DSLR cameras lol

Nah, I'm just designing stuff on Photoshop so a couple of years down the line, I can make one with ideas I've already made.

Hahaha that's cool :smile: you have ample time during the summer to vlog stuff

Lol so you aren't making it yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The yodel rapping made my night 😂

That was hilarious too 😂

"She claims to be the only yodeller in Romania. Probably because the others don't talk about it. That's the first rule of yodelling club"
That was hilarious too 😂

"She claims to be the only yodeller in Romania. Probably because the others don't talk about it. That's the first rule of yodelling club"

I can not wait for next year 😂😭
I can not wait for next year 😂😭

Me neither, this was my first time watching it and I don't regret a thing!!!
When trying to look for some guidance on the Edexcel website on how to mark Chinese writing (literally no guidance, thanks guys) I stumbled across this.

Hooray for making A level Chinese accessible for schools!!!!! 😂😅😭
Hahaha that's cool :smile: you have ample time during the summer to vlog stuff

Lol so you aren't making it yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, it takes quite a bit of planning. Learning video production and personal branding etc.
Me neither, this was my first time watching it and I don't regret a thing!!!

I've been addicted since I was like 12 and it was in Dusseldorf :colondollar:
Original post by an_atheist
Yep. At the sixth from I go to, if we look at purely GCSE performance I'm in the lower half of the year afaik. Yet I'm one of the offer holders, over several who are probably better qualified for Cambridge than I am. Obviously the admissions team saw something they liked, but what that is I couldnt possibly say.
I assume you feel like you shouldnt have gotten an offer, why?

Sorry for the incredibly late reply - I don't use TSR much at all! I feel I shouldn't have got an offer because I am essentially very good at convincing people I know what I'm on about when I really don't. Academically I'm not too strong, by AS grades weren't great and although I can do well in my subjects (foreign languages) that's simply because I'm good at avoiding the things I can't do and ticking the boxes for examiners and teachers.

I'm really worried that I'll get the grades and meet my offer, but will then turn up and be one of if not the worst student, and will either scrape my way through whilst under immense stress or drop out. Of course I'd be very happy to get in, but I'm sure that with that happiness will be intense feelings of inadequacy and worry.
Original post by Naranja

I feel I shouldn't have got an offer because I am essentially very good at convincing people I know what I'm on about when I really don't.

LOL I'm exactly the same way. I almost feel like my (somewhat natural) ability to remain calm during stressful situations allowed me to make some pretty good points and respond well. Combined with the fact that I kinda "predicted" the type of questions they were going to ask me beforehand, it feels like my interview carried me to a place.

Obviously, I don't know how good the competition was, nor my score in the admissions assessment - I guess everyone feels like they "cheated" a place some way or another.

I wouldn't worry about it. I reckon the ratio of the number of people who think they'll be "one of the worst" to the number of people who turn out to be "one of the worst" is small.

read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome - this states "Proof of success is dismissed as luck, timing, or as a result of deceiving others into thinking they are more intelligent and competent than they believe themselves to be."
(edited 6 years ago)
Nah, it takes quite a bit of planning. Learning video production and personal branding etc.

That's true! I guess if you want to vlog you have to do it the right way. :lol: What video editing software are you using?

Latest