The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

Hiya don't know what zone you are in we are in zone 7 training has been quite disjointed so far how are the live calls going ? Am dreading it had a practise yesterday on the live system and 2 of us pressed the dreaded green button was so embarrassing lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Steve8
Best bet is to be entirely honest. It would be worse if he left it out, and it came up later and cost him the job. They're generally understanding, if it was an issue but has been fixed then it's typically a non-issue; if it is still an issue, then as long as he's controlling it - it's also fine.

Employers general give the bare bones of information; length of service, job title and wage. They can request further information from the employer, but this would require a freedom of information request, which is unlikely to happen.

Absolutely agree with everything you have said here 💪
Reply 1562
Did anyone receive a physical contract offer letter after joining? 3 weeks into the position, I am yet to get the documentation. I see one of of my colleagues receiving. Are they assessing me in live calls and giving confirmation only after satisfactory performance? Wierd thoughts but any details on how and when they assess will be helpful
Is anyone still waiting re: news on formal offer after OHAssist telephone consultation. OHAssist telephone interview was at the end of March. Have emailed HMRC resourcing and called but only response is that OH report is with HMRC and not able to advise how long before I hear back. Was told they thought HMRC dealt with the reports in batches. Is anyone in a similar position?
I got start for 5th june at Portsmouth, took forever to get reply after pre-employment checks so had to contact someone who I knew from doing a movement to work scheme in which then I got reply within 2 days....
Reply 1565
Original post by nathan505
I got start for 5th june at Portsmouth, took forever to get reply after pre-employment checks so had to contact someone who I knew from doing a movement to work scheme in which then I got reply within 2 days....

I'm starting on the 5th june in Portsmouth too 😀
Anyone else starting Monday and hating life like me? 😩
Original post by Ladynevertells

lol I'm starting on the 5th plenty of tym for me to prepare myself also have had a nice holiday before I start 😂😂
Original post by Nas08
lol I'm starting on the 5th plenty of tym for me to prepare myself also have had a nice holiday before I start 😂😂

Waaaaaaah!!! Enjoy Nas 😊😉

I am 22nd Monday
Original post by Ahmed jewel
I am 22nd Monday

Another week! Nice!
Another week! Nice!

good luck for today :smile: tell us how it goes im on the 4th week training now
Reply 1572
Original post by Fontaine1990

You been given your shifts yet?
Original post by Fontaine1990

Aaah thank you!! On way there now! Thanks again, have a great day! 😊😊 xx
Reply 1574
Aaah thank you!! On way there now! Thanks again, have a great day! 😊😊 xx

Good luck. 2nd week for me
Original post by Sssun
Good luck. 2nd week for me

Thanks! ✌️
So far everyone really nice. Had a tour this morning and going into the systems this afternoon to update email and payroll. We're told that we will be paid right up to the last day of the month from today. Seems relaxed environment so far. 😊
So far everyone really nice. Had a tour this morning and going into the systems this afternoon to update email and payroll. We're told that we will be paid right up to the last day of the month from today. Seems relaxed environment so far. 😊

They said to us we will get 3 week pay at end of month i started on 8th may they said cut off date is 15tg of each month
Original post by Sssun
You been given your shifts yet?

should know by the end of this week last week of training next week
so I'm guessing those working in PT will be working a variety of shift patterns inc weekends whereas DM is the standard 9-5 mon-fri

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending