The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE RS Exam

Hey guys, just did my RS exam
How did it go for all of you?? I thought it was okay and one of those exams where you don't know how you did I think I messed up a little on the d) question about ghosts and mediums and the religious family practicing in multi ethnic society question
How did you find it???

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I found it really good! I didn't like the mediums question either, and I didn't really like the c questions on community cohesion
The community cohesion last question was tough, as well as the ghost and medium.
What did you put for how the government helps community cohesion?
Yeah in the last section I chose government and I think I didn't put enough points. Also, did anyone else run out of time because I feel I was the only one that did? I missed roughly 6 marks :frown:
Do you think the grade boundaries will be sky high again?
Original post by AnonStudent2

Teaching it in schools to students
Giving money to charities which promote it
People of different races in government
Laws for discrimination and tougher punishments
What were the grade boundaries for this exam last year (how many marks did you need to get an a*)?
Original post by hAILEY 345
What were the grade boundaries for this exam last year (how many marks did you need to get an a*)?

To get an A* last year you needed about 81/84 I think
Wait units did you do? I did unit 4 Islam... it was a good paper, yet as most people that community cohesion question threw me off! Question was similar to unit 1
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
The ghost and medium question was really hard what did you all put as a religious point for it
Reply 11
^ same, also found the multi ethnic question quite hard - think i wrote a lot of irrelevant stuff for that just about having a religion in general - not too sure if i answered the question
Original post by Rachel.Love
Yeah in the last section I chose government and I think I didn't put enough points. Also, did anyone else run out of time because I feel I was the only one that did? I missed roughly 6 marks :frown:

We're in the same boat don't worry about it
Original post by AnonStudent2

Laws such as the Racial Harmony Act
Compulsory RE lessons
Compulsory RE exams - meaning students have to revise religions
Outreach programs which inform society of different religions
Original post by saz1001
The ghost and medium question was really hard what did you all put as a religious point for it

I wrote that there isn't any proof to mediums and ghosts. And in the why would some people disagree with me i wrote that some people might interpret jinns as ghosts(Islam). I'm pretty sure that there is nothing about how ghosts and mediums may lead someone to believing in God in my revision guide, so I may lose some marks.
(edited 6 years ago)
I thought it went okay apart from that community cohesion question about the government, but i think i've made up enough points to atleast pass (i hope)
Original post by YourGoddamnRight
I wrote that there isn't any proof to mediums and ghosts. And in the why would some people disagree with me i wrote that some people might interpret jinns as ghosts(Islam). I'm pretty sure that there is nothing about how ghosts and mediums may lead someone to believing in God in my revision guide, so I may lose some marks.

I think you had to refer to Christianity to get any marks, not any religion :P (Unit 2 anyway)
Original post by james_furber1
I think you had to refer to Christianity to get any marks, not any religion :P (Unit 2 anyway)

This was unit 1 mate.
Original post by YourGoddamnRight
This was unit 1 mate.

Ah, my bad, there was a similar question on Unit 2 :smile:
Hey ya'll,

How did you answer the 4m questions? I looked at the mark scheme after the exam and apparently you needed to state your opinion and then develop it (provide examples) which I wasn't aware of so all I did was give my opinions, which is apparently only worth 2m...

So, my question is, did you guys give examples for the 4m questions?

I sadly didn't put too much effort or revision into my Religious Studies, because I was confident I would get an A*/A, and I did lots of practise papers too, but seeing the grade boundaries made me re-evaluate my initial predictions - hoping I'll SCRAPE AN A or at least get a B.

And yes, the community cohesion question was pretty challenging.
I also found the "why is family life important to religions other than Christianity?" worth 8m quite difficult as well.

Also what did you all write for the "should everyone have a religious upbringing?" question.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending