The Student Room Group

Network Rail Apprenticeship

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/careers/apprenticeships/

How easy is it to get into this apprenticeship scheme? - my qualifications and experience are more than sufficient but I think I kind of screwed up my interview :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by methylbenzene

How easy is it to get into this apprenticeship scheme? - my qualifications and experience are more than sufficient but I think I kind of screwed up my interview :frown:

Well @Boristhethird managed it, so it must be easy
There was a guy at my interview in tracksuits and still got the job...
Original post by Boristhethird
There was a guy at my interview in tracksuits and still got the job...

Mine was telephone interview but I'm worried I did talk enough about my previous experience and enthusiasm for the apprenticeship...
Mine was telephone interview but I'm worried I did talk enough about my previous experience and enthusiasm for the apprenticeship...

It was a few years ago that I did mine (we didn't have a telephone interview). The first year I applied I didn't get in, I think it was due to answering a multiple choice quiz how I thought they wanted it, rather then truefully. Based on that, you should be good so long as you answered correctly, adding bits in may not have helped
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
It was a few years ago that I did mine (we didn't have a telephone interview). The first year I applied I didn't get in, I think it was due to answering a multiple choice quiz how I thought they wanted it, rather then truefully. Based on that, you should be good so long as you answered correctly, abdominal adding bits in may not have helped

Epigastric or umbilical?

Hi, when did you hear back about getting a telephone interview, and when did you have the interview?
My boyfriend has applied this year and he's yet to hear anything. I'm starting to get worried!
Original post by slowdive
Hi, when did you hear back about getting a telephone interview, and when did you have the interview?
My boyfriend has applied this year and he's yet to hear anything. I'm starting to get worried!

I received an email invite on 24 March to book a telephone interview online. There are/were various times available and I booked mine for 7 April. Check your spam folder...?
I received an email invite on 24 March to book a telephone interview online. There are/were various times available and I booked mine for 7 April. Check your spam folder...?

We've checked and on the website as well :frown:
What depot have you applied for? I know that applications are still open for some areas so fingers crossed!
Original post by slowdive
We've checked and on the website as well :frown:
What depot have you applied for? I know that applications are still open for some areas so fingers crossed!

Banbury
Ok it seems I did not mess up the interview! :smile:
I have been invited to the next stage of application 🎉
Ok it seems I did not mess up the interview! :smile:
I have been invited to the next stage of application 🎉

:woo:
So I have go through to the final stage of the Apprenticeship. Does anyone, have any advice for me when I go in for my interview?
Original post by ThomasCline
So I have go through to the final stage of the Apprenticeship. Does anyone, have any advice for me when I go in for my interview?

As in you've almost finished the 3 years?

Relax, you've been doing the job so should know what's up, plus the sm probably already knows you

Posted from TSR Mobile
As in you've almost finished the 3 years?

Relax, you've been doing the job so should know what's up, plus the sm probably already knows you

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry I mean I got to the final stage of the applying to become an apprentice, the assessment centre.
Reply 15
sorry I mean I got to the final stage of the applying to become an apprentice, the assessment centre.

did you get it then?
Original post by harnek
did you get it then?

Yes I got the apprenticeship, I begin in September :smile:
Reply 17
Do you always hear back from network rail apprenticeship application?
Yes I got the apprenticeship, I begin in September :smile:

how old are you, im 17 and thinking of applying after 6th form? also any tips?
How long did it take to hear back after the assessment weather or not you’ve been successful?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending