The Student Room Group

How did everyone do on the unit 1 sociology exam!

our teacher basically gave us the most accurate predictions during our booster sessions today!

Scroll to see replies

SAME
almost as if he'd seen the paper before.. is that even possible?
which 12 mark questions did you choose
Reply 3
Original post by tanisha04
which 12 mark questions did you choose

I don't fully remember the questions but it was 17 and 25 both were the bottom ones. i struggled with one question on studying society, something about what secondary method would use use I first put official statistics then looked at the next question which was ethical issues and I had none then I put newspapers, and there was something wrong with that too, so my last decision was diaries

wbu!
I should be revising for biology now!
I chose 17 and 24. And there was no ethical considerations for the secondary sources?
I put diaries and journals though and explained how it could help to research attitudes towards lone parents.
Same i have biology tomorrow too, my exam board is OCR. Are you AQA?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Roheen S
our teacher basically gave us the most accurate predictions during our booster sessions today!

i lost 24 marks by missing 3 questions , can i still get a* ?
I thought it was a really easy one, great 12 markers !! And all of the 4 markers were really easy ones. So much was repeated from past years. Grade boundaries will probably be high though :frown:
Reply 7
Couldn't be better! However what was the advantage of testing on primary schools ? I had wrote how it could be helpful for comparison between children and teens
What did it mean by testing in schools???
testing what? pupils?
Reply 9
Original post by zmarai123

grade boundaries would be pretty high, so being truthful no you'd get an estimate of a B. 24 marks is a lot to lose.
Reply 10

Apparently its 50 marks to get a c.. and to get an A* it is somewhat around 76? What is the paper out of?
Reply 11
I chose 17 and 24. And there was no ethical considerations for the secondary sources?
I put diaries and journals though and explained how it could help to research attitudes towards lone parents.
Same i have biology tomorrow too, my exam board is OCR. Are you AQA?

The ethical considerations to consider was just before the question about "identify a primary method you could use."
and yes I am AQA
I was so confused when i saw this question but i put it can help teachers to see the progress of students
Disadvantage: If pupils do bad then this may be discouraging as this can lead to negative labelling
Original post by BK2000
Couldn't be better! However what was the advantage of testing on primary schools ? I had wrote how it could be helpful for comparison between children and teens
Testing like maths tests, english tests.
Or something else
Reply 14
I was so confused when i saw this question but i put it can help teachers to see the progress of students
Disadvantage: If pupils do bad then this may be discouraging as this can lead to negative labelling

Wait but didn't iit say testing on primary schools , wow I thought it meant like is it ethical to test on children (like observations and actually experiment upon them
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by dreamerkitten
I thought it was a really easy one, great 12 markers !! And all of the 4 markers were really easy ones. So much was repeated from past years. Grade boundaries will probably be high though :frown:

They will be high because we are the last year doing the old course, sadly, but we
have an advantage since it was easy. I was looking at your predictions at about 9:00am today. Got to say you did get a few correct!
Original post by BK2000
Apparently its 50 marks to get a c.. and to get an A* it is somewhat around 76? What is the paper out of?

The paper is out of 90 and if you lost out on 24 marks then that is 66 and obviously you are likely to lose some marks when it is marked so i would say that you could at least get a B on this paper. You would have to get above 80 marks on paper 2 for an A*
Reply 17

I wrote can see if the child is underachieving and then teachers can support the child
also formal testing can lead to too much stress being put on the child.
Original post by BK2000
Wait but didn't iit say testing on primary schools , wow I thought it meant like is it ethical to test on children (like observations and actually experiment upon them

Yeah it did say in primary schools.

What 3 questions did you miss and why?
It sounds like you missed a 12 mark question if you lost that many marks from just 3 questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending