The Student Room Group

Geography A Level OCR - Old spec

Hiya,
I haven't been able to find any threads for those still doing the old spec for Geography.
Seeing as this is the last year, anyone still out there doing it? If so, what do you reckon will come up?

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing it!
I'm doing it as well, haven't seen any predictions though...
Reply 3
Original post by Rebekahoellis
I'm doing it!

Original post by BenPaterson
I'm doing it as well, haven't seen any predictions though...

How are you guys feeling about it though? Anyone doing the physical retake tomorrow or the human one on Friday?
Original post by vausebi
How are you guys feeling about it though? Anyone doing the physical retake tomorrow or the human one on Friday?

Feeling okay, just cramming a lot of case study knowledge for the physical retake tomorrow, not retaking human.
how about you?
Reply 5
Feeling okay, just cramming a lot of case study knowledge for the physical retake tomorrow, not retaking human.
how about you?

Same here! Only doing physical and honestly I'm dreading it - all these case studies are driving me to insanity
Original post by vausebi
Same here! Only doing physical and honestly I'm dreading it - all these case studies are driving me to insanity

You know hahah, did you revise all four topics or just select three?
Reply 7
You know hahah, did you revise all four topics or just select three?

Only three since we were never taught cold environments (luckily), which makes things easier tbh
Which topics do you plan on doing?
Original post by vausebi
Only three since we were never taught cold environments (luckily), which makes things easier tbh
Which topics do you plan on doing?

Last year we learnt all four but i'm not studying arid this year because i didn't understand the landforms.
Reply 9
Last year we learnt all four but i'm not studying arid this year because i didn't understand the landforms.

That's understandable - there really is no point in knowing all 4 anyways

Let's just hope the questions are nice, since this is the last year and all!
Original post by vausebi
That's understandable - there really is no point in knowing all 4 anyways

Let's just hope the questions are nice, since this is the last year and all!

Hopefully, gutted I messed up last year as I thought the questions were okay...
Original post by vausebi

I'm only doing the A2 stuff, so global issues and resources and population
Reply 12
Original post by Rebekahoellis
I'm only doing the A2 stuff, so global issues and resources and population

Good luck! I'll be doing those too - there's still some time for that exam, thankfully.
Reply 13
Hopefully, gutted I messed up last year as I thought the questions were okay...

Yeahhh, the main issue last year was many didn't read/answer the question properly, as shown in the examiner's report.
Original post by vausebi
Yeahhh, the main issue last year was many didn't read/answer the question properly, as shown in the examiner's report.

Did anyone else find the physical retake so hard? The questions really did confuse me and I just feel like I was making most of it up
Hi!
what did you guys think about it !

& what did you guys write for the ways to solve conflict in coastal areas?.

Spoiler

Original post by Mrnicecarl
Did anyone else find the physical retake so hard? The questions really did confuse me and I just feel like I was making most of it up

yeah same here! especially the question about the influence of sea level fall on river landforms ! ahh
Original post by jblogs_8265
yeah same here! especially the question about the influence of sea level fall on river landforms ! ahh

Yeah! That was soo difficult, didn't know what to write for 9 marks
Reply 18
Original post by jblogs_8265

I was stuck on that one too - Hopefully it went better than what we think it did though!

Could have used a better source for the hot arid/semi arid section imo + worded some of the questions more clearly too
Guys where do you even start, how to revise for global issues? There is just soooo much?!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending