The Student Room Group

AQA B1 Exam - 16/5/17

Any Predictions on the B1 Exam Tomorrow?

Good Luck To All.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
6 marker on menstrual cycle. 4 or 5 on drugs in sport. Don't expect a biggie on diet but it could be a double whammy.
Urge is it likely plant hormone would be a 6mark
IMG_7720.PNG

Hope that's clear but the most common ones each year are:
•the carbon cycle/respiration/decay.
•natural selection
•the nervous system
I think there will be a 6 marker on menstrual cycle, but it could also be cloning. I would also expect stuff to come up on hormones, pathogens and disease and evolution.
Original post by SchoolGirl13
IMG_7720.PNG

Hope that's clear but the most common ones each year are:
•the carbon cycle/respiration/decay.
•natural selection
•the nervous system

do you have a website for that or anything, I can't see it clear enough and it looks so helpful.

I'm so stressed about it!
Original post by Rxha
Urge is it likely plant hormone would be a 6mark

I wouldn't mind a 6 marker on plant hormones.
The 6 mark questions have been, so far,
Biomass in the specimen paper
The carbon cycle in 2013
Adaptations in 2014 (such an easy one :frown: )
Plant hormones and responses in 2015
A balanced diet in 2016 (SO easy...)

Menstrual cycle or GM crops seem pretty likely for a 6 marker in my opinion, possibly natural selection or the nervous system.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by SolidU's
6 marker on menstrual cycle. 4 or 5 on drugs in sport. Don't expect a biggie on diet but it could be a double whammy.

Yeah, I reckon they'll be one on drugs in sport. Possibly a 3 though.
Oh wait guys, we talking old or new spec?
Original post by SolidU's

why menstrual cycle ??
Original post by considering
Oh wait guys, we talking old or new spec?

There's no exam for new spec until next year, it also says it in the thread title when this exam is :biggrin:
Original post by CoffeeGeek
There's no exam for new spec until next year, it also says it in the thread title when this exam is :biggrin:

Oh *facepalm* the new spec is the same day as the old spec btw :/ (i think) Thanks though :blush: .
What would you say are the priority topics for last minute revision for tomorrow?
Reply 14
Original post by Tomw787
Any Predictions on the B1 Exam Tomorrow?

Good Luck To All.

have a look at my latest thread, its pretty accurate
Reply 15
There could be another 6 marker on the Carbon cycle but here is my predictions:

Huge emphasis on hormones perhaps menstrual cycle
Animal and plant cloning
A question asking about culturing microorganisms whereby it looks for the following answers:

Petri dishes and culture media must be sterilised before use to kill unwanted microorganisms

inoculating loops used to transfer microorganisms to the media must be sterilised by passing them through a flame

the lid of the Petri dish should be secured with adhesive tape to prevent microorganisms from the air contaminating the culture.

Genetic Variation - Mostly of GM something
Evolution - Always comes up
Original post by considering
do you have a website for that or anything, I can't see it clear enough and it looks so helpful.

I'm so stressed about it!

I'm sorry I don't my teacher made it, I just took a screenshot from from my friends snapchat. It just states what are the most common topics that come up(the ones I listed in my previous comment and the ones coloured/ highlighted in the picture). Maybe try zooming in.
Hope this helps xxxx
Has anyone watched 'primrose kitten' on YouTube? She does really good sumaries of AQA science. The link belo has the whole of b1 in only 45 minutes. Obviously it's just a rough overview of the whole topic but it's good for recap.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KjKWmpr7H_Y
Has anyone watched 'primrose kitten' on YouTube? She does really good sumaries of AQA science. The link belo has the whole of b1 in only 45 minutes. Obviously it's just a rough overview of the whole topic but it's good for recap.

I've just started watching and It looks really helpful. Thank you so much

Yeah guys primrose kitten is the boss!! You should be watching her prediction videos too. helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending