The Student Room Group

AQA AS LEVEL SOCIOLOGY 16th May

Hey! Does anyone have predictions for the paper tomorrow! Good luck everyone if your doing the paper tomorrow! I'm dreading the methods in context! 😞
Hey, my teacher said that for methods in content structured interviews or documents are likely to come up. Also ethnicity is a big prediction as it didnt come up at all last year. My guess would be to take it easy on social policy as it came up in three questions last year, but still look over it in case they double bluff us. Good luck!
Reply 2
thank you!!!👌🏻👌🏻
Original post by bigeyeshijabi
Hey, my teacher said that for methods in content structured interviews or documents are likely to come up. Also ethnicity is a big prediction as it didnt come up at all last year. My guess would be to take it easy on social policy as it came up in three questions last year, but still look over it in case they double bluff us. Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by bigeyeshijabi

Thanks so much! I hope it is structured interviews because there's a lot to say about that! Now just to know the key thinkers and concepts for ethnicity education! Ethnocentric curriculum, self fulfilling prophecy, labelling and stereotypes (internal) - external: cultural factors - lack of male role model, material factors etc
Original post by revision246
Hey! Does anyone have predictions for the paper tomorrow! Good luck everyone if your doing the paper tomorrow! I'm dreading the methods in context! 😞

My teacher is predicting Ethnicity and Gender. And probably theories for small questions

The methods in context question should be alright since by looking in the item your given the issue, method used and strengths/limiations of method which you an base your essay off. Don't worry yourself over it. Good luck to us all.
Reply 6
Original post by sophia.f
My teacher is predicting Ethnicity and Gender. And probably theories for small questions

Thanks! So I'm guessing social class came up last year? 😂 Need to focus on the internal and external factors do both gender and ethnicity!
Reply 7
Original post by Octopirate
The methods in context question should be alright since by looking in the item your given the issue, method used and strengths/limiations of method which you an base your essay off. Don't worry yourself over it. Good luck to us all.

Thank you! Do you know if we have to use examples of studies from education or research methods in the methods in context! I'm just worrying that I'm not going to link it well enough 😞
Original post by Octopirate

Can you please tell me more about how to link method to an issue? I am struggling at this part
Thanks! So I'm guessing social class came up last year? 😂 Need to focus on the internal and external factors do both gender and ethnicity!

I doubt Social Class would come up again. Just review everything as you can, don't just focus only on gender and ethnicity. Revise policies too, I don't know but I think they may come up for 6marker or something - I am not fully 100 percent sure
I doubt Social Class would come up again. Just review everything as you can, don't just focus only on gender and ethnicity. Revise policies too, I don't know but I think they may come up for 6marker or something - I am not fully 100 percent sure

Ok thanks! Yes I agree! I don't know what to say about social policy other than the fact that it introduced marketisation thought the Education reform act 1988.
Ok thanks! Yes I agree! I don't know what to say about social policy other than the fact that it introduced marketisation thought the Education reform act 1988.

Wait there's no such social policy in Education, there are only policies on Education. It only appear in Families and Households tho
Wait there's no such social policy in Education, there are only policies on Education. It only appear in Families and Households tho

I'm not sure but we got taught about 7 key policies? Tripartite system, comprehensive schooling, vocational education, etc pupil premium, sure start education maintenance allowance?
I'm not sure but we got taught about 7 key policies? Tripartite system, comprehensive schooling, vocational education, etc pupil premium, sure start education maintenance allowance?

Yeah thats Educational policies in Education

Not social policy tho, its one for Family. i hope you don't get confused
Does anyone have any research methods in context strengths for each method? The textbook only has weaknesses :frown:
Original post by marinadiamandis
Does anyone have any research methods in context strengths for each method? The textbook only has weaknesses :frown:

Just apply PET(practical, ethical, theoretical) strengths
Practical:
(T) time
(R) researcher characteristics
(A) access
(M) money
(P) personal skills

Ethical:
(D) deception
(R) right to withdraw
(I) informed concent
(P) protection from harm
(S) sensitivity

Theoretical:
(P) positivists
(I) interpretivists
(Q) quantitative
(Q)qualitative
How was the exam? I found it relatively decent apart from the 10 marker. Any potential grade boundaries coming up??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending