The Student Room Group

B1 B2 B3 2017 OCR 21C 16th May 2017

Who's sitting the OCR biology paper tomorrow afternoon? How prepared do you feel and what questions do you think are likely to come up?

Scroll to see replies

Are you doing OCR A?? I'm doing B and that's next week
Reply 2
Sooooo unprepareddd!!! Buttt, i am sure itll be fineeeee, i mean its b1 b2 b3, and it cant be tht hard...compared to some of the others right? Buttt, i think that...
- evolution
- genetic tree diagrams
- phagocytosis
- herd immunity
- artificial cloning
- effectiveness/side effects of long term drugs
- interdependence and food chains
this is all based on the last year examiners report for ocr twenty frist century science, b1b2b3, and other forums, but i hope yall pass, and get the grades you want. Praying for all yr 11s rnnnn! Xxx
Original post by zkhan54
Sooooo unprepareddd!!! Buttt, i am sure itll be fineeeee, i mean its b1 b2 b3, and it cant be tht hard...compared to some of the others right? Buttt, i think that...
- evolution
- genetic tree diagrams
- phagocytosis
- herd immunity
- artificial cloning
this is all based on the last year examiners report for ocr twenty frist century science, b1b2b3, and other forums, but i hope yall pass, and get the grades you want. Praying for all yr 11s rnnnn! Xxx

Wait what do you mean based on the last examiners report?? Do they slightly hint at what may be asked the following year?
Reply 4
Every year, the exam board write an examiners report and go through each question on the ppaer that was set that year, so the examiners report tells you what questions were answerd badly as a whole on that paper by the whole country, and i looked at that, and picked out what was answered badly and thought they might come up this year if they werent answered too well rpeviosuly. However i cant be too sure because obviously ocr is ocr, and i dont like them! And they dont like me! So theyre weird are exam boards, they just hate kids tbh...buttttt, anything could come up, im going baed on what was answered not too well last year, although anything could happen. X
Reply 5
Original post by zkhan54
- evolution
- genetic tree diagrams
- phagocytosisr
- herd immunity
- artificial cloning

what on earth is phagocytosisr pls
Reply 6
Original post by zkhan54
- evolution
- genetic tree diagrams
- phagocytosis
- herd immunity
- artificial cloning

and herd immunity what's that? omg i'm panicking
Reply 7
Original post by XxxvatxxX
Are you doing OCR A?? I'm doing B and that's next week

OCR 21C
Original post by tanisha04
OCR 21C

Ahh ok, I'm doing Gateway
Reply 9
white blood cells that engulf and digest microbes- phagocytosis
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10

AWWW, DONT PANIC. ILL HELP YAS. SO...

PHAGOCYTOSIS IS JUST ANOTHER FANCY WORD FOR THE WHOLE PROCESS OF THE WBC DETECTING FOREIGN BODIES, AND ENGULFING, THEN DIGESTING THEM, THEYRE NON SPECIFIC SO THEY ATTACK ANYThING THATS NOT MEANT TO BE THER, AND THEN THERES SPECIFIC WBC, WHICH HAVE RECEPTORS CALLED ANTIGENS(TRIGGER IMMUNE RESPONSES). THE WBC PRODUCE THE ANTIBODIES, AND THEY USE THE LOCK AND KEY MECHANISM TO LATCH ONTO INVADING MICRO ORGANISMS, AND THEN MEMORY CELLS ARE PRODUCED SO THAT NEXT TIME THE ANTIGEN ENTERS THE BODY, ANTIBODIES REPRODUCE VERY QUICKLY- IMMUNITY.

HERD IMMUNITY IS BASICALLY VACCINATING A LARGE PERCENTAGE OF THE POPULATION TO PREVENT EPIDEMICS.

SEE? NO BIGGIE! YOULL BE FINE FOR TOMORROW, DONT YOU WORRY. X

Phagocytosis is one of the processes that white blood cells, more specifically phagocytes can carry out in the immune system. This is where white blood cells engulf the microorganism and digest it by excreting enzymes onto it. This is one of the ways that people's immune systems defend them from infections.

Herd immunity is where a very large proportion of a population has been vaccinated against a certain disease. This means that because so many people would have become immune to it (due to being infect with a dead or weakened strain of said microorganism), it would be very hard for the disease to spread because there would be fewer people that could catch it. This can hep to prevent epidemics because the disease will spread more slowly and it will help to contain it and control how much it spreads, as there will be fewer people to treat.

I hope this makes sense. Epidemics are big outbreaks of a disease.
Reply 12
Original post by zkhan54
AWWW, DONT PANIC. ILL HELP YAS. SO...

PHAGOCYTOSIS IS JUST ANOTHER FANCY WORD FOR THE WHOLE PROCESS OF THE WBC DETECTING FOREIGN BODIES, AND ENGULFING, THEN DIGESTING THEM, THEYRE NON SPECIFIC SO THEY ATTACK ANYThING THATS NOT MEANT TO BE THER, AND THEN THERES SPECIFIC WBC, WHICH HAVE RECEPTORS CALLED ANTIGENS(TRIGGER IMMUNE RESPONSES). THE WBC PRODUCE THE ANTIBODIES, AND THEY USE THE LOCK AND KEY MECHANISM TO LATCH ONTO INVADING MICRO ORGANISMS, AND THEN MEMORY CELLS ARE PRODUCED SO THAT NEXT TIME THE ANTIGEN ENTERS THE BODY, ANTIBODIES REPRODUCE VERY QUICKLY- IMMUNITY.

HERD IMMUNITY IS BASICALLY VACCINATING A LARGE PERCENTAGE OF THE POPULATION TO PREVENT EPIDEMICS.

SEE? NO BIGGIE! YOULL BE FINE FOR TOMORROW, DONT YOU WORRY. X

Omg thank you so much! Did you know this from the top of your head or did you use a textbook. YOU explained it SO WELL.
Reply 13
Original post by zkhan54
- evolution
- genetic tree diagrams
- phagocytosis
- herd immunity
- artificial cloning

Evolution is like natural selection and selective breeding right?
Reply 14
omg thank you so much! Did you know this from the top of your head or did you use a textbook. You explained it so well.

thank you. X. And no, i just kinda said whatever came in my mind tbh, although dw, i know its correct, i mean b1 is literally the only confident topic i know, so dw about there being mistakes, cos trust me there are none! Good luck for tomorrow btw.
Reply 15
evolution is like natural selection and selective breeding right?

yeah, thts right! Seeeeee, youre fineeee.
Reply 16
I'm so stressed for tomorrow. I don't know what to revise :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by adam.00
I'm so stressed for tomorrow. I don't know what to revise :frown:

im not even stressed, just like really really worried about what the future could potentially hold!,,,is that another form of stress? hahaha, idkkkkk
HELP ON B3 ANYBODY? XXX
Reply 18
Original post by zkhan54
im not even stressed, just like really really worried about what the future could potentially hold!,,,is that another form of stress? hahaha, idkkkkk
HELP ON B3 ANYBODY? XXX

omg please PM me and we can revise together
b123 is like the easiest of all sciences so good luck everyone, although knowing OCR, they'll make it the hardest they can because it is the last time for this spec

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending