The Student Room Group

Official 2017 GCSE Exam Predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lightdan
aw thank you, https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0b_bdbovu2jt6vwh5ttazq04tyxm?usp=sharing these notes are probably better for last minute cramming.

omg thanks
Original post by iamthestudent
Hi everyone:absinth:
I have made this thread as a way for us all to put our heads together and to predict what is likely to come up in our exams in 2017.

Feel free to chat to me privately about anything so we can brainstorm ideas.

I am currently taking:

Biology (AQA)
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics (AQA)
Business Studies (OCR)
English Lit and Lang (Edexcel)
French (OCR)
Drama (Edexcel)
History B (AQA)
Religious Education (AQA)
Maths (Edexcel)

Please share what you are taking to introduce yourself.

Good Luck Everyone For Your Exams
:banana2::banana2::banana2:

hey im just asking do you know what might come up on the biology/b1 exam
Any predictions on the poems form Power and Conflict in English Lit. Anthology?
Im studying: Blood Brothers, Romeo and Juliet, Power and Conflict Anthology, and Jekyll and Hyde.
I am soooo failing English Lit...any predictions for what might just come up on any of these subjects?
Original post by junaidahmed786
hey im just asking do you know what might come up on the biology/b1 exam

I think that it'll be to do with:
- Genetic tree diagrams, because there's always one of those
- Artificial Cloning
- Phagocytosis
- Interdependence and food chains
- Evolution

These are topics which will be on the OCR B1,B2,B3 higher tier, the examiner report shows that these are the weak areas from last years answers.
Original post by iamthestudent
Hi everyone:absinth:
I have made this thread as a way for us all to put our heads together and to predict what is likely to come up in our exams in 2017.

Feel free to chat to me privately about anything so we can brainstorm ideas.

I am currently taking:

Biology (AQA)
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics (AQA)
Business Studies (OCR)
English Lit and Lang (Edexcel)
French (OCR)
Drama (Edexcel)
History B (AQA)
Religious Education (AQA)
Maths (Edexcel)

Please share what you are taking to introduce yourself.

Good Luck Everyone For Your Exams
:banana2::banana2::banana2:

Any ideas what's going to come up on tomorrow's French listening, reading and writing exam?
Any ideas what is likely to be on the AQA higher science papers? Especially unit 1? Biology tomorrow, chemistry on Thursday then physics next Wednesday.
Original post by dancer-girl2014
Yes!!!!!!!!! Im doing English lit and lang on the WJEC exam board. Which pieces are ou doing for lit?

I did Of Mice and Men in January and am doing Inspector Calls and Heroes in the next exam, what about you?
Anyone doing CCEA exams?
Any one got some predictions for the RS aqa life issues test?? Mines in 2 days rip
Reply 229
English lit (AQA) predictions for ...
Romeo and Juliet
A Christmas carol
Power and conflict Poetry
Inspector calls

Btw most likely for Romeo and Juliet it will be quite an obvious scene like Mercuitios death or the Balcony scene as its new, but idkk..
Reply 230
Any resources for
Inspector calls
Christmas carol
Romeo and Juliet
Power and conflict poetry pleaseeee
Can anyone predict what's going to be on the higher tier aqa paper tomorrow?
Anyone got any good aqa chemistry unit 1 resources they fancy sharing? Really struggling x
My teacher predicted that for English lit AQA:

Jekyll and Hyde question won't be on Hyde
Romeo and Juliet won't be on Lord C (rats :colonhash:)
And Lord of the Flies won't be on Piggy (yay!)

History AQA:
Apparently my teacher said for Hitler's Germany it's likely they're gonna ask about groups who opposed Hitler (E.G Edelweiss Pirates, Kreisau circle, etc) and about how Hitler established a dictatorship (became Fuhrer) rather than how he became chancellor! For roaring 20s, there haven't been many questions on entertainment so apparently that's gonna be a thing. Other than that not really sure! Let me know if possible :tongue:

For the Sciences (OCR) this is the last year on this spec, so do as many past papers as you can because it's just going to be recycled questions!

If anyone has any idea for Psychology OCR, German EDEXL, and English lit poetry, please let me know! Thanks in advance :biggrin:
Original post by stu.dying
My teacher predicted that for English lit AQA:

Jekyll and Hyde question won't be on Hyde
Romeo and Juliet won't be on Lord C (rats :colonhash:)
And Lord of the Flies won't be on Piggy (yay!)

History AQA:
Apparently my teacher said for Hitler's Germany it's likely they're gonna ask about groups who opposed Hitler (E.G Edelweiss Pirates, Kreisau circle, etc) and about how Hitler established a dictatorship (became Fuhrer) rather than how he became chancellor! For roaring 20s, there haven't been many questions on entertainment so apparently that's gonna be a thing. Other than that not really sure! Let me know if possible :tongue:

For the Sciences (OCR) this is the last year on this spec, so do as many past papers as you can because it's just going to be recycled questions!

If anyone has any idea for Psychology OCR, German EDEXL, and English lit poetry, please let me know! Thanks in advance :biggrin:

Thanks for telling me about History. I do History AQA B and we do those topics. The dictatorship question would be nice but the group's opposed to Hitler we didn't go into great depth about so that's going to be disgusting. I don't mind entertainment and stuff for the USA, we practiced that a lot in class.
Original post by CoffeeGeek
Thanks for telling me about History. I do History AQA B and we do those topics. The dictatorship question would be nice but the group's opposed to Hitler we didn't go into great depth about so that's going to be disgusting. I don't mind entertainment and stuff for the USA, we practiced that a lot in class.

Oh, not a problem! We didn't go over the opposing groups that much either :/ It's not set in stone but my teachers have been looking at past patterns so we'll have to see if they're correct! Good luck!!
Mercutio wont come up in Romeo and he was done recently
Im doing edexcel though
I'm doing
Further additional science (OCR
Mathematics (EDEXCEL)
English lit (WJEC)
English Language(WJEC
Geography (OCR)
History(EDEXCEL)
Psychology (OCR)
Spanish (WJEC)
IT (EDEXCEL)
RE (OCR)
Statistics (EDEXCEL)
Reply 238
Original post by 1897665
Anyone got any good aqa chemistry unit 1 resources they fancy sharing? Really struggling x

For all sciences I recommend finding a summary powerpoint/video and if there's anything new, or that you dont remember, revise that. Or you could go down the specification and tick everything off, or just look at mark schemes if you want to revise question types.
Original post by Lightdan
It definitely wont be Sheila because she was in the specimen paper.

I hope it's the Inspector. Considering we are the first year to sit the exam I hope it's on a central character

Quick Reply

Latest