The Student Room Group

Level 3 Cambridge technical in ICT help

Is there any predictions in the upcoming paper on unit 1 and 2 for May 15th and 17th due to the fact that the January results were very low (1 merit out of the 3000 that took it...)! Thanks
Reply 1
our teacher has told us to revise all the topics that didn't come up in the first paper and focusing on protocols and all of LO 5 is important to look at as well.
sorry I know this wasn't much of help but I can understand your situation I'm sitting this exam in a week too.
Let's hope for the best!! :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Do you have any more information about the results? Any information about achievement and grades would be really appreciated.
Reply 3
Original post by tanzy.99
our teacher has told us to revise all the topics that didn't come up in the first paper and focusing on protocols and all of LO 5 is important to look at as well.
sorry I know this wasn't much of help but I can understand your situation I'm sitting this exam in a week too.
Let's hope for the best!! :smile:

No that's very helpful thanks, I just hope that this paper is a bit easier and the examiners are more generous. Good luck tomorrow in the unit 1 exam.
Reply 4
Original post by innutum
Do you have any more information about the results? Any information about achievement and grades would be really appreciated.

Sure, in the unit 1 exam 45% passed, and only 1 person achieved a B out of the 3000 ish people who took the test.
In the unit 2 exam it was a bit of a mixed pot with slightly more people achieving a B however the results were still low.
This was for the January exam so hopefully they have made the paper better suited to the materials we were given to revise from as well as the examiners being less harsh.
Reply 5
Original post by STA1706
Is there any predictions in the upcoming paper on unit 1 and 2 for May 15th and 17th due to the fact that the January results were very low (1 merit out of the 3000 that took it...)! Thanks

Here are my predictions for the unit 1 paper:
1. Connectivity methods, storage\\ 2. Protocols, sourced software/os\\3. WAN, LAN, PAN, MAN, business software\\4. Job roles, professional bodies\\5. Threats e.g. phasing, hacking and trojans.

I recon that the higher markers will be on a topic in LO1, LO2 and LO5.

Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by STA1706
Here are my predictions for the unit 1 paper:
1. Connectivity methods, storage\\ 2. Protocols, sourced software/os\\3. WAN, LAN, PAN, MAN, business software\\4. Job roles, professional bodies\\5. Threats e.g. phasing, hacking and trojans.

I recon that the higher markers will be on a topic in LO1, LO2 and LO5.

Good luck!

Your predictions on Unit 1 were quite accurate, do you have any predictions on Unit 2?
Original post by aranselhi
Your predictions on Unit 1 were quite accurate, do you have any predictions on Unit 2?

Yhhh do you have any predictions for unit 2 because I don't know anything yet have revised
Reply 8
Original post by aranselhi

LO1: Storage media and devices, what communication is used by these devices. Internet technologies and their protocols
L02: Information styles and classifications
LO3: Stages of analysis, data analysis tools
LO4: Legislations and the effect of violating these
LO5: Lots of databases and how they are used, maybe small bit on DFD
LO6: Principles of information security (C.I.A), protection methods for data security.

Also, know about the different types of back ups

Section B would be likely to be on the quality of information, bit on green IT and the categories of information used by businesses and individuals. There will most likely be a few more questions but they shouldn't be too difficult.

How did people find the Unit 1 paper as well
Reply 9
I got a merit... I was told only 2% of people who sat it got a merit. Not sure if I'm the only one. I highly doubt it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending