The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

PgDip/MSc Occupational Therapy 2013

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has applied to the PgDip/MSc OT course starting 2013? If so have you heard anything back from them yet? I sent my application in December and still haven't heard anything.
Original post by Lou88
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has applied to the PgDip/MSc OT course starting 2013? If so have you heard anything back from them yet? I sent my application in December and still haven't heard anything.

Hey! I've applied for BSc OT starting this September and haven't heard anything at all!!!! Applied mid November :/ why are they taking so long?! I'm an English student so I'm kind of worried about Scottish universities accepting me.
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by MrBean1994
Hey! I've applied for BSc OT starting this September and haven't heard anything at all!!!! Applied mid November :/ why are they taking so long?! I'm an English student so I'm kind of worried about Scottish universities accepting me.

I still haven't heard anything back yet...I don't know why its taking so long :confused: did you hear anything back yet? I'm tempted to get in contact and see what the story is
Reply 3
Original post by MrBean1994

i applied late october and heard back from them like two weeks ago? i have my interview on the 16th March :smile: im an english student too!
Original post by trinaburns
i applied late october and heard back from them like two weeks ago? i have my interview on the 16th March :smile: im an english student too!

Well done :smile: what were your predicted grades? Hmm how did they get in contact with you? :biggrin:
Reply 5
They just emailed me saying interview invitation :smile: predicted grades are ABCC :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lou88
Hi,

Hi!

Just wondering if you ever ended up doing this course? I have just heard that I got in but didn't know how expensive it is going to be! Did you manage to get a bursary or anything?
Reply 7
Hi,

I got a place on the course but it was working out too expensive for me unfortunately so had to decline. I'm doing the course in uni of essex and I love it here. Very supportive tutors! Have u applied anywhere else? xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I only applied to Edinburgh as I did my undergrad course there and really want to move back! I'm from Scotland so thought I would be eligible to get a SAAS loan to cover the fees but they don't do it for post grad course unfortunately. There's only 30 places on the course as well so feel like its almost to good of an opportunity to pass? I know it's free to do it in England but not sure if I want to move so far away. Are you finding it's quite an intense course? Xx
Hi, I've just been accepted into this course and wondered if you ever did end up going? I didn't realise how expensive it is going to be! Did you manage to get a bursary or anything?
Reply 10
Original post by Nicolagrigor
No I only applied to Edinburgh as I did my undergrad course there and really want to move back! I'm from Scotland so thought I would be eligible to get a SAAS loan to cover the fees but they don't do it for post grad course unfortunately. There's only 30 places on the course as well so feel like its almost to good of an opportunity to pass? I know it's free to do it in England but not sure if I want to move so far away. Are you finding it's quite an intense course? Xx

Oh I see...I can understand not wanting to change uni's. I felt the same also but now I'm settled I'm loving it. I am from Ireland so it was a big move for me and I had major issues with the funding to do the course in Edinburgh. Being Irish I wasn't entitled to any bursaries or anything. But I'm not 100% certain if you are or not :confused: It is a good opportunity to pass, could you get a loan and then pay back when you start employment after you graduate? There are some nearby places that do it such as the Uni of Cumbria if you didn't want to move so far away. It is intense, there are times were we have free time with no assignments but then they all seem to come at once so you have quite stressful months where its all go. I'm about to start placement so I won't actually be in uni now till April which suits me just fine :smile: In my opinion, I think you should try some places in England as you don't have to pay fees. you never know it may just work out for the best :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Lou88
Oh I see...I can understand not wanting to change uni's. I felt the same also but now I'm settled I'm loving it. I am from Ireland so it was a big move for me and I had major issues with the funding to do the course in Edinburgh. Being Irish I wasn't entitled to any bursaries or anything. But I'm not 100% certain if you are or not :confused: It is a good opportunity to pass, could you get a loan and then pay back when you start employment after you graduate? There are some nearby places that do it such as the Uni of Cumbria if you didn't want to move so far away. It is intense, there are times were we have free time with no assignments but then they all seem to come at once so you have quite stressful months where its all go. I'm about to start placement so I won't actually be in uni now till April which suits me just fine :smile: In my opinion, I think you should try some places in England as you don't have to pay fees. you never know it may just work out for the best :smile:

Hi, how did you get on with the course in the end? I have an interview coming up for Queen Margaret so just wondering can you remember how it went for you?
Also would you be eligible to work in Ireland once you complete the MSc? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest