The Student Room Group

This is where your Birth Certificate Reference Number is

This is for people who are trying to complete their student loans and maintenance grants application. Don't bother looking anywhere else, you'll get all sorts of mixed messaging like I did trying to find it!

If you have your birth certificate with you, your reference number is a series of letters followed by a string of numbers in the upper right hand corner of the certificate.
I could only find this out by ringing up the student finance services. For some reason a lot of people like to give advice on stuff they clearly know nothing about!! If you read about the reference number being anywhere else (bottom left/right corner being a common lie) it's bogus.

Good luck with your applications
(edited 6 years ago)
The only number I have on my certificate is in the bottom right corner?
Reply 2
Original post by annie.arnold
The only number I have on my certificate is in the bottom right corner?

Hmm, yours was probably issued at a different date, is that right (I got mine this year just so I could apply for student finance)? In any case the best thing to do would be to ring up student finance services and tell them who you are so they can look it up for you. It's never labelled which is annoying.. And absolutely don't put that number down unless you are certain it is your reference number. Now I know some people are not lying when they say it's in the bottom right...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by damnson97
Hmm, yours was probably issued at a different date, is that right (I got mine this year just so I could apply for student finance)? In any case the best thing to do would be to ring up student finance services and tell them who you are so they can look it up for you. It's never labelled which is annoying.. And absolutely don't put that number down unless you are certain it is your reference number. Now I know some people are not lying when they say it's in the bottom right...

It's at the top for a full UK birth certificate, bottom if you have a short version (smaller paper)

I know I'm late but this search still comes up top if you google it. :smile:
Slough
Hi All, I have 4 kids and most of the birth certificates have the number top right for short and long versions, but one of them has it bottom right on the long version. Hope this helps.
Hi I need a new birth certificate please I lost my one when I moved I was born in Hanover but on a English camp but I don’t know we’re to go from there please help me
Did you find any information I am havi g the dame problem??
Reply 8
If you are in the UK contact the council or whatever in whatever town you were born in or go on their website. For example if you was born in Luton hospital then you go onto Luton council website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending