The Student Room Group

Biology B1 Edexcel GCSE 16th May

How did everyone find this?

Scroll to see replies

Not bad at all- absolute dream 6 marker- the stuff om on mitochondrial disease and auxins were a little odd but not too bad IMO
There were one or two questions that i struggled with but overall it wasn't too bad...
What about that second six mark question on the myelin sheath
Reply 4
Original post by AnonStudent2
What about that second six mark question on the myelin sheath

I'm pretty sure there wasn't one. Unless you are doing a different exam board to me. I did AQA
Original post by Sam_C_
I'm pretty sure there wasn't one. Unless you are doing a different exam board to me. I did AQA

I did edexcel
Original post by trickytrichster
Not bad at all- absolute dream 6 marker- the stuff om on mitochondrial disease and auxins were a little odd but not too bad IMO

that was not on edexcel
Reply 7
too easy, invigilators give you answers If you tell them the password
Reply 8
Drugs Infection Nerves Cystic Fibrosis
Original post by AnonStudent2
I did edexcel

the last six marker was hard
What did people write for the last 6 marker on myelin sheaths?
Reply 11
Original post by bella12456781

I talked about the function of the Myelin Sheath and how it affected the electrical impulse. I also talked about the trend in the two graphs. It was a pretty hard one. The first one was waaay easier.

i said like it insulates the myelin sheath making electrical impulses faster and like compared the seconds it did take quite along amount of time
Original post by Anon241
I talked about the function of the Myelin Sheath and how it affected the electrical impulse. I also talked about the trend in the two graphs. It was a pretty hard one. The first one was waaay easier.

what drugs did you guys say for the 6 marker before that one the last one was a joke

I said the speed was a lot faster for the myelinated axons even though the axon diameters were smaller so the myelin sheath speeds up transmission
Original post by iamtheone19
what drugs did you guys say for the 6 marker before that one the last one was a joke

Depressants, stimulants, painkillers and hallucinogens
Reply 16
The last six marker was so hard! What did everyone write about drugs for other six marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Second 6 Marker was quite difficult, something I've never seen before. What did
everyone put in the answer for the "fill in the blanks question" ?
Original post by Ss3012
The last six marker was so hard! What did everyone write about drugs for other six marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile

because that was the question is talked about drugs asked you to talk about the affect one the human body by talking about 4 you know
Reply 19
Enzymes and Stomach

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending