The Student Room Group

Didn't finish B1 paper

I completely panicked and ran out of time in the B1 exam... I know I dropped at least 5 marks from not completing questions, and quite possibly more. Roughly how many marks would I have to get in B2 and B3 to come out with an A*?
The grade boundaries differ wildly from year to year ... I think this year was pretty easy, so 5 marks could be costly. B2 and B3 marks again depends on difficulty
Original post by Imma Simma
I completely panicked and ran out of time in the B1 exam... I know I dropped at least 5 marks from not completing questions, and quite possibly more. Roughly how many marks would I have to get in B2 and B3 to come out with an A*?

From previous grade boundaries, you'll need high 40's to achieve an A*
Reply 3
I didn't finish in time either and missed out on 6 marks. However, looking at the grade boundaries for last year's biology paper, you could have dropped 11 marks and still get an A*. Whilst I think the grade boundaries will be fairly high this year because a lot of people found the test easy, 5 marks won't be too harsh on your final grade. Furthermore, you have only done one exam, the final grade for core is all three exams totalled up. Maybe try and make sure you finish on time for the other papers and revise plenty - I'm hoping the other science papers are as good as the one we had today. Good luck!
Edexcel exams are designed on purpose to ensure 100% suicidial thoughts and high grade boundaries.

Quick Reply

Latest