The Student Room Group

Dentistry - Dundee or Glasgow ?

Hey guys,
I am deciding which Uni to choose for Dentistry between Dundee or Glasgow (as I live in London).
Any Students that accepted place at any of those two or had interview at both and also existing Dentistry students at Dundee or Glasgow.
Many thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Hey - are you a grad entry applicant or school leaver?

I'm choosing Glasgow because I previously studied at Strathclyde, the city is big, has lots going on and you'll never be bored.
Dundee is smaller with less, that could be a positive or a negative depending on your preferences I suppose.

Regarding the actual courses... I don't think much seperates them - all the uni league tables have different rankings anyway.
Reply 2
Hi I am a school leaver applicant.

That is very helpful off you. Did you study something else at Strathclyde and now reapplied to study Dentistry?
Just would like to know how did you do in UKCAT and how did your interview ?
many thanks.
Reply 3
Original post by jimmi06
Hi I am a school leaver applicant.

That is very helpful off you. Did you study something else at Strathclyde and now reapplied to study Dentistry?
Just would like to know how did you do in UKCAT and how did your interview ?
many thanks.

Did pharmacy, doing my prereg year now.
I got just under 700 on the UKCAT.. how did you do?
Yeah thought the interviews went well
Reply 4
Original post by bobbyl2
Did pharmacy, doing my prereg year now.
I got just under 700 on the UKCAT.. how did you do?
Yeah thought the interviews went well

Ok, And so was Pharmacy your 5th choice? I am also thinking to have a 5th choice as a backup.

I am only in Y 12 so will be doing my UKCAT this Summer ( any tips on books / websites) that you have used to prepare and how long it took you to be confident and sit the exam please? As they say on the UKCAT website 4 weeks should be enough...
Reply 5
Nah I flopped my 5th year (Scotland) so pharmacy was my first choice. 😉

Yeah about 1-2 months, just used the 600question book and the free ukcat official online past papers.. towards the end.
Reply 6
Original post by bobbyl2
Nah I flopped my 5th year (Scotland) so pharmacy was my first choice. 😉

Yeah about 1-2 months, just used the 600question book and the free ukcat official online past papers.. towards the end.

Oh, OK. Well, never mind because you are about to start your Dentistry so well done!

Many thanks for the tip on UKCAT.
I'd go to Glasgow. I'm not very keen on Dundee as a city.
Reply 8
Original post by Friffinghell
I'd go to Glasgow. I'm not very keen on Dundee as a city.

Many thanks for your opinion, I have been getting Glasgow as a preference from others as they say that there is much more to Glasgow as a city overall compare with Dundee.
Original post by jimmi06
Many thanks for your opinion, I have been getting Glasgow as a preference from others as they say that there is much more to Glasgow as a city overall compare with Dundee.

Dundee is getting better... it has the new V&A Gallery for example. But it's far smaller and has far less going on than Glasgow.

Also the Dundonian accent angers me :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest