The Student Room Group

OCR MEI M2 - 18th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Connorbwfc
Thanks for the reply and I think that your answer will end up being correct according to the mark scheme...

However, how do we know when it says 'It is projected with a speed of 10ms^-1" relative to P", that this 10ms^-1 is measured at the instant after firing and not the instant before?

In this situation, what gives the instant after firing priority over the instant before firing?

If this question is out of 4, how many marks do you think I will get for my method? 2?

Because at the instant before, it hasn't been fired yet; it's still "attached" to P. So it can't have a speed of 10ms^-1 relative to P at that moment. It has to have the same speed as P.

Yeah, probably 2.
Is anyone here doing M3?
Original post by ¡Muy bien!
Is anyone here doing M3?

Yup, looking forward to it. You?
if for one of the rods, I put in my working out that the tension in it was 393 newtons, but in a written sentence I say it's 394 and that it's in tension what marks would I get?
Original post by StrangeBanana

I wouldn't say looking forward to it :colondollar: but I am preparing for it.
Original post by StrangeBanana

I am doing it as well, do you not find the SHM and the spring/ elastic string questions hard? They confuse me, especially in SHM when they say like
'Find the distance travelled...' or ' Find the time taken...' etc...
for the question about the bullet i got 0.2 exactly again?

i was like wth? did anyone else get exactly 0.2
Original post by badmanting123
for the question about the bullet i got 0.2 exactly again?

i was like wth? did anyone else get exactly 0.2

I don't think you considered final kinetic energy of the block and the bullet. If you do, you get 0.198 m.
I got 51, maybe 52,( even if this tension in one of the rods is wrong I'll get a follow through mark; I put in my working out the tension of a rod as 393, then in a written sentence 394 and that it's tension; by putting that it was in tension I'll get 1 mark I suppose but what about the 393 or 394 what mark will I get?
59 for an A then 53 for a B. smh
Could anyone explain to me how Xd = 261?
Original post by JoshRyan74
Could anyone explain to me how Xd = 261?

take moments about A.
Original post by PawanAviator
take moments about A.

But what force other than Xd is there?
Original post by PawanAviator
take moments about A.

Oh wait, no I've got it thanks bro

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending